Old July 24th 07, 01:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess
Jackass Lafferty Jackass Lafferty is offline

Default Brian P. Lafferty lacks honesty according to Steve Owens

On 23 Jul, 09:58, Jackass Lafferty wrote:
And, of course, our fine legal mind chooses to ignore the fact that
Mr. Terrie provided plenty of basis for his opinion... That fine legal
mind stated this:

Brian Lafferty wrote:

Without a stated, factual basis the opinion is just a personal
attack.

And that fine legal mind tossed out the below basis:

Hal Terrie wrote:
tanstaafl wrote:

I think Brian Lafferty needs to demonstrate that he can FOLLOW rules
before we accept him as a volunteer ENFORCING the rules, but that's
just my opinion. YMMV

My opinion as well. The old expression about letting the fox into the
henhouse comes to mind ...

-- Hal Terrie

Hal Terrie wrote:

In my opinion, Mr. Lafferty lacks even the slightest trustworthiness.
I believe the evidence shows that he came into this forum with a chip
on his shoulder, determined to make trouble from the very first day.
He whined and complained - and then threatened - until Bill Hall and
Bill Goichberg folded up like cheap suits. Now we have a massive
moderation bureaucracy but no guarantee that our esteemed USCF
Officers won't change the rules again at the slightest hint of
controversy.

-- Hal Terrie

Steve Owens

Does Steve Owens have a case? Is Lafferty really dishonest?