Old July 16th 03, 11:18 PM
Thomas

Default Sick of players who INSIST on playing *BOOK* openings

(MinnesotaKid) wrote in message om...

I hate speed chess, blitz, lightning or whatever they call it. It's
akin to doing a paint-by-number as opposed to the Sistine Chapel.

Well, if you don't like it, don't play it, but I don't agree with this
analogy. Blitz/Speed/Lightning do cover a wide range of time
controls, from 2 minutes to 15 minutes. While I do agree that chess
strength should be measured at longer time controls, shorter time
controls aren't "paint by numbers" (implying mindless) and the games
test complimentary skills.

Tom