Old July 2nd 09, 05:04 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc
Locksley Young Locksley Young is offline

Default FritZ 11 How to stop Computer from playing oon New Game

"Detectorist" wrote in message
On Jul 1, 2:12 pm, "Locksley Young" wrote:
Every time a click on New Game after plying through a game, the Computer
promptly makes the first move. How can i stop that behavior?

Thanks.
Locksley

Click on engine-switch off. Then click on file-new-position setup-
reset- side to move: white.

Always make sure engine is off so you can move the ppieces at will.
There may be other ways to do what you want but that's the way I do it.

Thanks for your response.. but when I am reviewing games I like to leave
"Infinite Analysis" turned on.
I think I uesd to do this before... but I cannot remember how. I think there
is a menu where you can decide on the behavior when you finish a game and
starting a new one... but I cannot find it. I wonder if this has something
to do with the game level that is set.??

Locksley