An amateur chess game
Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod) wrote:
Is this still main line?
9. Bxe7 Ndxe7
Isn't now black a tinge backward?
For better or worse I was taking 11....Nb4
in advance, and then I followed my modest
plan of making a threat against h7, and in general
about a king side attack.
Was 14.Nxd5 sensible?
It's a sharp position. I like it. Perhaps I should
have gotten more out of it.
22. Rxd4 Qxd4
Here my opponent has disappointed me greatly
by resigning. I told him "You could play further".
"How?" he asked. He was intimidated by our first
game, I guess, hence overly ready for defeat.
I hope that I had a slight edge in this position but
certainly nothing substantial, if at all - what do you
1. d4 d5 2. c4 e6 3. Nc3 Nf6 4. Bg5 Be7 5. Nf3 O-O 6. e3 Nc6 7. Bd3 dxc4
8. Bxc4 Nd5 9. Bxe7 Ndxe7 10. Bb3 b6 11. Bc2 Nb4 12. Bb1 Ba6 13. a3 Nbd5
14. Nxd5 Qxd5 15. h4 Rfd8 16. Qc2 f5 17. Ba2 Qd6 18. Ng5 Nd5 19. e4 Nf4
20. O-O-O Ne2+ 21. Kb1 Nxd4 22. Rxd4 Qxd4 23. Nxe6 Qxe4 24. Nc5+ Kh8 25.
Nxe4 Bd3 26. Qxd3 Rxd3 27. Ng5 Rd2 28. Nf7+ Kg8 29. Ng5+ Kf8 30. Nxh7+
Ke7 31. Re1+ Kd6 32. Re6+ Kc5 33. b4+ Kb5 34. Bb3 Rh8 35. Ng5 Rxh4 36.
Re5+ Ka6 (36... c5 37. Nf3 Rh1+ 38. Ne1 Rxf2 39. bxc5 bxc5 40. Kc1 a5
41. Kd1 Rxg2 42. Rxf5 Rgg1 43. Re5 g5 44. a4+ Kb4 45. Bc2 g4 46. Kd2
Rh2+ 47. Re2 g3 48. Rxh2 gxh2 49. Be4 h1Q 50. Bxh1 Rxh1) *
Wlod, after 24. Nc5+... your opponent no doubt visualised the above
variation (all 25+ moves, which I just concocted) & figured a loss for
himself, but I know what you mean about "disappointing" - hth...