Old December 19th 09, 02:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer
Andy Walker[_2_] Andy Walker[_2_] is offline

Default I am reprinting "The Tactical Grob" by Claude Bloodgood

ChessFire wrote:
[...] As for the
Sutton Coalfield address, that was the HQ of the British Chess
Federation.

Erm, no. "Chess, Sutton Coldfield, Sufficient Address" was
the address of B. H. Wood's magazine and business. Nothing to do
with the BCF [now ECF], which is now based near Hastings but used
not to have a proper "home" -- I think it was wherever the secretary
lived and kept the filing cabinet.

--
Andy Walker
Nottingham