Old February 1st 11, 09:22 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Chessica for Windows 3.1

On 31/01/2011 18:19, EZoto wrote:
Is there anywhere I can get this? I have the demo but the full version I
can't find anywhere. The archive Tascbase site doesn't help. I want
Chess tutor and chessica but can't find them. I have the full version of
Tascbase but would like to get the complete set. Hope someone can help.
I know it is dos but I still like these programs.

It was remaindered off in the UK ages ago. It will only run on rather
elderly versions of Windows. Maybe Win95 at tops. Try looking for TASC
Training software I think Chessica is included in that package eg.

http://www.chesshouse.com/TASC_Chess...ess_p/a216.htm

This variant claims ot be OK up to WinXP. Or in the UK

http://www.ukgamesshop.com/Merchant2...y_Code=chsobeg

(seems to come with Fritz9 in this incarnation)

It is about the right level for teaching at school chess clubs for
learning all the basic tactical motifs and some of the more advanced
ones. It was quite nicely done.

Regards,
Martin Brown