Old February 7th 11, 10:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
EZoto EZoto is offline

Default Chessica for Windows 3.1

On 2/6/2011 12:49 PM, M Winther wrote:
skrev i meddelandet
Is there anywhere I can get this? I have the demo but the full
version I can't find anywhere. The archive Tascbase site doesn't
help. I want Chess tutor and chessica but can't find them. I have
the full version of Tascbase but would like to get the complete set.
Hope someone can help. I know it is dos but I still like these
programs.

EZoto

The engine in Chessica is really an early Fritz engine. Tasc's The
King is much more attractive as a playing program. Chessica allows
multiple board windows to be opened. Whether it's a useful feature, I
don't know. The Chessica CD needs to be in the CD tray to function,
but one can install from a disk image instead. Chessica is necessary
only to collectors, but the Tasc Chess CD training software is good
bargain for the amateur.

Mats

I guess the reason I like chessica is that it runs on Win 3.1. It is a
decent looking program, not as good as CM 3 or 4 and definitely not
Chessbase 6.01 and Fritz 5.16 but it is not bad looking either. Like I
said I hate to see these programs disappear forever.

EZoto