Old May 11th 11, 10:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
Gian-Carlo Pascutto[_2_] Gian-Carlo Pascutto[_2_] is offline

Default Sjeng Cheating?

Christopher Heckman wrote:
There seems to be a bug in Sjeng (11.2), specifically the SjengBoard
website ( http://chessforeva.appspot.com/SjengBoard.htm ); I was
wondering whether anyone else had heard of it.

I hadn't seen this. Pretty amazing work.

Sometimes I'm not allowed to drop a piece onto the board, even when it
doesn't checkmate Sjeng. All it says is "Illegal move".

--- Christopher Heckman

Something must have gone wrong during the porting, because I doubt the
original version has such bugs. The restriction that you cannot drop
with mate is weird, too. The person who did the JavaScript port probably
stumbled over my messy code.

--
GCP