Old February 12th 18, 08:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc
52%[_2_] 52%[_2_] is offline

Default Dukes Chess

Quadibloc wrote:

On Friday, December 1, 2017 at 6:05:41 PM UTC-7, 52% wrote:
Quadibloc wrote:

Why invest effort in learning
how to play such a game well, when Chess exists with such a large community
behind it, and is so similar?

Why indeed?

But there's another side to that. If people are put off from Chess not by
anything about the game itself, but by the fact that there are so many people
who have studied it in such depth that they are likely to run into impossibly
superior opponents... a variant has appeal for exactly that reason.

John Savard

Well, if I may repunctuate my previous as not a serious question but
more an exclamation of agreement; thusly: Pourquois indeedy!!! ... I
mean, personally oi think the game as is (ie: the modern game viz: teh
Queen...) is more than enough for most patzers 'n masters similarly ...
& while I'm not going to agree with the reason u give {abov^} for a
variants appeal ... or maybe Fischer random is for the truly elite ...
it's also eccentric that 3 Man Chess might possibly float some dudes
boat - not me btw, 'n pls don't aks:

http://www.chess-site.com/wp-content...ssVariants.jpg
..