Old June 30th 03, 09:40 PM posted to alt.chess

Default Why has Chessmaster flipped its lid?

[Event "ICC 2 12 u"]
[Site "Internet Chess Club"]
[Date "2003.06.29"]
[Round "-"]
[White "guest688"]
[Black "Kilowatt"]
[TimeControl "120+12"]
[Result "0-1"]
[ECO "B32"]

1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 e5 5.Nf5

When I ask Chessmaster 9000 for quick advice it says:

The Chessmaster recommends: Knight to b8.

Analysis: You move your knight to b8. White responds with queen takes
pawn, which checks your king.
Your bishop captures queen, which protects your king. White counters
with knight takes pawn, which
checks your king and isolates your pawn at h7. You move your king to
e7, which moves it out of check.

As a result of this sequence of moves, you win a queen for two pawns.
Additionally, the mobility of your
pieces is slightly increased, and the mobility of White's pieces is
greatly decreased. Also, the pressure
on White's King is slightly increased.

Why has Chessmaster flipped its lid?
Is my machine too fast(like that can happen)

I gave it 60 seconds to think but, it moved instantly.
I have a p4 2G