Old July 29th 03, 07:03 PM posted to alt.chess

Default Kingside vs. Queenside castling

Hi,

Someone I play against invariably castles kingside, and so do I. Then I end
up launching a kingside attack against him which usually involves a
sacrifice, and he almost always loses. But when I castle queenside to get
both rooks under my kingside pawns, he invariably launches a queenside pawn
storm which can-openers my king's safety, and launches a counterattack
against me. Why do I have difficulty defending against this?

Elrond

Old July 31st 03, 03:51 AM posted to alt.chess

There could be a GO-zillion reasons for your difficulty.
Do you keep score?
Post a game for analysis.
I'll try to help if I can and maybe some other kind souls
will give you some tips, as well.