Old September 7th 03, 10:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Pocket Fritz 2 - Search Online (Internet) Fails

Hello,
I have just installed Pocket Fritz 2 on my iPAQ 2200 Pocket PC 2003. It
runs fine thanks to the idiot-proof instructions provided by Steve Lopez -
the Chessbase guru. But the online search appears to be "broken." When
keying a game into Pocket Fritz 2, I am attempting to lookup the position
in the online database, i.e.,

Edit- Search Online Database-

This brings up the Search Games screen, where I check the "Current
Position" box and press OK.

Fritz *always* responds: "A connection with the server could not be
established."

My WiFi card is working and I am able to access the chessbase web site using
the PocketPC's Internet Explorer.

I have installed the Pocket Fritz 2 Service Patch 1 and the dll.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,

--
Tom B

email same as above but without the *spam*