Old September 28th 03, 09:08 PM posted to alt.chess

Default Where did all the Chess computers go???

I still have an old Fidelity Designer Chess Challenger Model 6103 that I
still enjoy playing, but it is worn out, the vinyl play surface is cracked
and faded, and the pieces are faded and chipped. Since it is not possible
to have the vinyl play field of my old dear friend replaced, I am ready to
retire it, and go shopping for my next machine. It still works wonderfully,
and just the slightest touch still enters your move. I have to admit if I
had known that this computer was this well made and was going to last this
long, I would have bought two of them.

Thought in this modern age I would have hundreds to choose from, but it
seems there are not as many as there used to be. Looking real hard at the
Excalibur Grandmaster. First it is really nice machine. Full sized
weighted pieces, and sensory touch, no pressing just move the piece, and
strong enough to make me wish I had never bought it.

Looking for reviews and comments from any owners or
suggestions on other computers I may want to look at.

Here is the Grandmaster
http://www.excaliburelectronics.com/grandmaster.html

Old October 6th 03, 11:35 PM posted to alt.chess

why don't you play Yahoo Chess yet ?
10,000 players on-line
367 days a year, open 24-h non-stop

players with rankings from 800 to 3000