Old April 12th 04, 06:11 PM posted to alt.chess

Default What is the least amount of moves to win

I need to know if it is the 4 move checkmate? I don't play but am trying to
see who is right of 2 friends that are arguing.
Thanks for any info
Kirk

Old April 25th 04, 03:28 AM posted to alt.chess

Kirk Frei wrote:
I need to know if it is the 4 move checkmate? I don't play but am trying to
see who is right of 2 friends that are arguing.
Thanks for any info
Kirk

Mate is possible in two moves.

For example: 1. f3 e3 2.g4 Qh4# (Known as Fool's Mate).

It basically requires white to commit suicide, but it is possible.

The four move mate is possible.

For example: 1. e3 Nc6 2. Bc4 b6 3. Qf3 Ba6 4. Qxf7# (Known as Scholar's
Mate).

I hope it helped.

-cdhop

Old April 28th 04, 05:21 PM posted to alt.chess

cd hop did what I do too often... write the wrong line. Here is what hop
means.
There are also 3 move mates, but geesh... you got to be a sucker to make
the bad moves.

1. f3 e6 2. g4 Qh4#
{Black mates} 0-1