Old October 13th 04, 04:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess

Default Please take my Chess Quiz

I have just posted Sam Sloan's Chess Quiz #2

http://pub.alxnet.com/quiz?id=2150305

Please take it and give me some feedback.

My previous chess quiz has been posted at

http://pub.alxnet.com/quiz?id=2150304

If anybody knows a better website to post quizes, kindly inform me. I
would like a quiz site where I can see the users answers so that I can
improve my quiz.

Old October 13th 04, 11:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:57:24 GMT, (Sam Sloan)
wrote:

I have just posted Sam Sloan's Chess Quiz #2

http://pub.alxnet.com/quiz?id=2150305

The best women chess players come from

1. Georgia
2. Florida
3. Pennsylvania
4. California
5. Upstate New York

Pandolfini is

1. Played by Ben Kingsley
2. Manager of the Marshall Chess Club in the 1970s
3. An author of chess books
4. A rated chess master
5. All of the above

Weikel is:

1. A slang term for masturbation
2. A variation of the Sicilian Defense
3. An organizer in the Sands
4. A rated chess master
5. A revolutionary type of automobile engine

Evans is

1. A Gambit characterized by the move 4. b4
2. Second to Bobby Fischer in his match against Petrosian
3. Often kicked out of Chess Life when he goes against the politicians
currently in power
4. The subject of a book by Rohde
5. All of the above

The moves 1. e4 c6 2. d4 d5 are played in the

1. Fried Liver
2. Poison Pawn
3. Caro-Kann
4. Sicilian
5. Max Lange

Greco is

1. A type of lizard
2. A great way to save on your car insurance
3. A 17th Century developer of opening traps
4. The player who defeated Staunton in London 1851
5. Perhaps the strongest player who never became world champion

Kosteniuk is

1. A semi-nude model featured in men's magazines
2. The player Bobby Fischer would most like to have in his prison cell
3. The highest rated woman on the USCF Rating List
4. An unattractive girl who wears thick glasses
5. All of the above

Staunton was

1. According to Bobby Fischer one of the ten greatest players of all
time
2. An obsession of Morphy
3. The publisher of a chess journal
4. A standard design for chess pieces
5. All of the above

Which of the following chess players does not have a chess opening
named after him.

1. Bobby Fischer
2. Emmanuel Lasker
3. Alexander Alekhine
4. Wilhelm Steinitz
5. Paul Morphy

Bibuld is

1. A hard line Communist in the Stalin Era
2. A supporter of Apartheid in South Africa
3. A photographer often published in Chess Life magazine
4. A person who will talk to any chess player as long as he is Black
5. 1, 3 and 4 above

Old October 14th 04, 07:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess

(Sam Sloan) wrote:

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:57:24 GMT,
(Sam Sloan)
wrote:

I have just posted Sam Sloan's Chess Quiz #2

http://pub.alxnet.com/quiz?id=2150305

Sam Sloan is
1. A dork
2. A dick
3. A dink
4. A pink
5. A fink

Old October 15th 04, 08:52 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess

Jürgen R. wrote:

(Sam Sloan) wrote:

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:57:24 GMT,
(Sam Sloan)
wrote:

I have just posted Sam Sloan's Chess Quiz #2

http://pub.alxnet.com/quiz?id=2150305

Sam Sloan is
1. A dork
2. A dick