Old October 19th 04, 01:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default USCF VOTE TO MOVE TO CROSSVILLE BY March 31, 2005

USCF VOTE TO MOVE TO CROSSVILLE BY March 31, 2005

At a teleconference on Sunday evening Oct 17, 2004 the USCF Executive
Board voted to move to Crossville, Tennessee by March 31, 2005. Here
are the relevant two motions:

EB 05-14 (Brady and Schultz): Considering the AF4C Foundation has
requested we delay our decision for two weeks and that AF4C has
demonstrated good faith in the past by relieving USCF of the burden of
our having to fund an annual US championship thus saving us a hundred
plus thousand dollars annually, that when we failed to merge with AF4C
we told them we still wanted to find ways to work with them, and that
AF4C has stated they will know in two weeks whether they will buy the
Liberty, NY building and as a result offer us free office space for
five years with an option to buy at the end of that period,
considering all this, we delay our relocation decision for two weeks.
FAILED 3-4 In favor: Bauer, Brady and Schultz; Opposed: Marinello,
Hanke. Shutt and Shaughnessy

EB 05-15 (Hanke): The USCF will move its national office to
Crossville, Tennessee in accordance with the previous Executive Board
vote in 2003. Negotiations with the Crossville bank and the architect
will begin as soon as possible. USCF will complete its move into the
free interim office space in Crossville by March 31, 2005. PASSED
4-1-2 In favor: Marinello, Hanke, Shutt and Shaughnessy; Opposed
Brady; Abstain: Bauer and Schultz.

Don Schultz
USCF Secretary

http://www.uschess.org/org/govern/movetocrossville.php

Old October 19th 04, 01:47 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:45:39 -0400, "StanB"
wrote:

Why didn't you post this before? Instead you spun the news in way
reminiscent of Dan Rather.

It was not up before. It was posted to uschess.org after I posted my
posting.