Old November 29th 04, 04:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess,alt.chess

Default Hearing Tomorrow in Goshen Supreme Court at 9:00 AM

Hearing Tomorrow in Goshen Supreme Court at 9:00 AM

A hearing will take place tomorrow, Tuesday, November 30, 2004, at
9:00 AM sharp in the Orange County New York Supreme Court before Judge
Lawrence Horowitz in courtroom 6 of the courthouse.

There is no way to know how long the hearing will last. It might be
over in two seconds or it might last all day.

I also do not know whether there will be actual testimony.

I do know that there will be no USCF employees present because they
have been instructed not to attend.

One prominent and well known chess player has told me that he is
thinking of attending as a spectator.

I would encourage any local chess players interested in such matters
to attend, because this hearing is likely to determine the fate and
future of the United States Chess Federation.

The Short Line Bus Company goes from New York City to Goshen.
Unfortunately, the first bus in the morning arrives at 10:03 AM. Since
the hearing is scheduled at 9:00 AM, I am forced to go up the night
before. I understand that there are some nice bridges to sleep under
in Goshen.

http://www.shortlinebus.com/

The courthouse is located at 255 Main Street. It is a big building in
a small town. Here is a pictu

http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/9jd/Orange/index.shtml