Old December 4th 04, 01:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess,alt.chess

Default Beatriz says that she is resigning effective January 1

Word or rumor is flying around that Beatriz Marinello says that she is
resigning as USCF President effective January 1.

At first, this news seemed to grant a reprieve to the 21 USCF
employees who are losing their jobs because of Beatriz.

However, on second thought, this news might not mean that Beatriz is
planning to step down. Since Bill Goichberg has announced that he is
resigning effective December 31, it seems likely that Beatriz is
planning to take over as Executive Director the following day.

Old December 4th 04, 01:09 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess,alt.chess

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
Word or rumor is flying around that Beatriz Marinello says that she is
resigning as USCF President effective January 1.

The operative word here is "rumor."

MN

Old December 4th 04, 01:40 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess,alt.chess

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 01:09:01 GMT, "Matt Nemmers"
wrote:

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
Word or rumor is flying around that Beatriz Marinello says that she is
resigning as USCF President effective January 1.

The operative word here is "rumor."

MN

I wonder why you get such a thrill about being the first to respond
about a subject about which you know nothing.

Old December 4th 04, 02:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess,alt.chess

"Matt Nemmers" wrote in message
news:N68sd.506051$D%[email protected]_s51...
"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
Word or rumor is flying around that Beatriz Marinello says that she is
resigning as USCF President effective January 1.

The operative word here is "rumor."

MN

Maybe, maybe not. I'd have said that the operative word(s) were "Sam
Sloan."

On second thought, we're probably saying the same thing.

Old December 4th 04, 04:34 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess,alt.chess

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
Word or rumor is flying around that Beatriz Marinello says that she is
resigning as USCF President effective January 1.

The operative word here is "rumor."

MN

If Sam is right, than you guys will be eating his shorts.
Leopold

Old December 4th 04, 05:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess,alt.chess

That's how they lead you around by the nose, Sam. They let you think you
know 'something', and you do their bidding.

--
Tom Klem

And, the third rail of USCF politics is Bill Goichberg. Say something bad
about him ... off to the gulag (TDCC, Ethix committees) you go.

Old December 4th 04, 01:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess,alt.chess

Default Qualifications of Beatriz Marinello?

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 08:30:03 -0500, "StanB"
wrote:

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message

I believe she is seriously considering my request, because she knows how
much hard and complex work needs to be done to move the USCF. However, she
has been very reluctant to step off the Board, and I do not believe her
mind
is completely made up either way. If she does step off the Board to take a
temporary position handling the relocation, I am more to "blame" than she,
because I have been begging her to do it.

Would this be a paid position or a volunteer position?

They'd be crazy not ot pay her. She has the midas touch. She turned the USCF
around in one year. She started a business in Florida that turned out to be
a gold mine in one year. She understands chess economics, she is a titled
player and sucessful teacher.

If a salaried position, what would her salary be?

The position really only justifies 60K but with her it could be worth twice
that.

Who do you have in mind to take her place as President?

Randy Bauer is the obvious candidate.

Sam, will you be suing Billy G. for the mess he made of the B&E outsourcing?
Since he is not a board member or an employee he won't be covered by USCF
insurance but since CCA profited from his service maybe they have deep
pockets.

An amazingly distorted view of events by Stan Booz.

Beatriz Marinello did not turn the USCF around. Bill Goichberg did
that.

What is this gold mine Beatriz has founded in Florida? Why have we not
heard about this? Why is she reportedly thinking about mving back to
New York?

Beatriz Marinello is a chess master, chess teacher and scholastic
chess trainer. However, she has no business qualificantions otherwise.
Do you know of any?

Beatriz was elected to be a volunteer. On what basis is she entitled
to receive any payment at all from the USCF?

Old December 4th 04, 07:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess,alt.chess

wrote:

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
Word or rumor is flying around that Beatriz Marinello says that she is
resigning as USCF President effective January 1.

The operative word here is "rumor."

MN

I wonder why you get such a thrill about being the first to respond
about a subject about which you know nothing.

Sam Sloan

LOL! Coming from someone who just posted FIRST about a subject which he
KNOWS nothing this is truly laughable.

MN