Old January 3rd 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.games.chinese-chess,rec.games.go,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Hartland Snyder's address

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:55:05 -0400, David H Li
wrote:

Hartland Snyder distributes books on Xiangqi, so issues related to him
are at least on-topic. Does anyone know his mailing address? I have
occasions to correspond with him on matters related to Xiangqi. David Li

If you find his address, please let us know, so we can have him
arrested for stealing our books and equipment.

He never uses a real address. You will never find him an address that
he provides.

We know, because we have been searching for him for years.

Old January 3rd 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.games.chinese-chess,rec.games.go,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

wrote:

Hartland Snyder distributes books on Xiangqi, so issues related to him
are at least on-topic. Does anyone know his mailing address? I have
occasions to correspond with him on matters related to Xiangqi. David Li

If you find his address, please let us know, so we can have him
arrested for stealing our books and equipment.

He never uses a real address. You will never find him an address that
he provides.

We know, because we have been searching for him for years.

Sam Sloan

Likewise, Sam Sloan never lived at 2420 Atherton Street.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...43f787ed49aa59

Old January 3rd 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.games.chinese-chess,rec.games.go,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

wrote:

Hartland Snyder distributes books on Xiangqi, so issues related to him
are at least on-topic. Does anyone know his mailing address? I have
occasions to correspond with him on matters related to Xiangqi. David Li

If you find his address, please let us know, so we can have him
arrested for stealing our books and equipment.

He never uses a real address. You will never find him an address that
he provides.

We know, because we have been searching for him for years.

Sam Sloan

Hi - real or fake- Sam,

I have two qestions for books by Ishi press.
(based on memory, correction is welcome)

First,
"Middle Game of Go" was published by Ishi Press before.
It got out of print. And it never been published agin.

A few years ago, I saw an asvertisement by
a famous Dutch bookseller titled "Harrd.."

It reads, "We recently got dozens of copies of Sakata's 'Middle Game of
Go"
Are they pirated copies??????

Second,
There was an internet site selling books by Ishi press.
www.kobukitrading.com or something similiar to it.
An Europian friend of mine living in Canada got me the link some years
ago.
Does (or Did) the site sell pirated copies by Ishi Press?

dajava,

Old January 3rd 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.games.chinese-chess,rec.games.go,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On 2 Jan 2006 21:58:09 -0800, "dajava" wrote:

Hi - real or fake- Sam,

I have two qestions for books by Ishi press.
(based on memory, correction is welcome)

First,
"Middle Game of Go" was published by Ishi Press before.
It got out of print. And it never been published agin.

A few years ago, I saw an asvertisement by
a famous Dutch bookseller titled "Harrd.."

It reads, "We recently got dozens of copies of Sakata's 'Middle Game of
Go"
Are they pirated copies??????

Second,
There was an internet site selling books by Ishi press.
www.kobukitrading.com or something similiar to it.
An Europian friend of mine living in Canada got me the link some years
ago.
Does (or Did) the site sell pirated copies by Ishi Press?

dajava,

In answer to your first question, anything sold by Paard is legit.
They are the authorized distributor for Ishi products in Europe. You
can buy from them with confidence.

Their new website is:
http://www.schaakengo.nl/

In answer to your second question, we do not know the answer. We think
that kotobuki trading got books from Hartland Snyder who had no right
to them. However, we cannot be sure. Perhaps they had a ligitimate
source.

The Hartland Snyder website appears to be offering for sale every book
ever published by The Ishi Press. We think he does not have any of our
books. We cannot be sure however. We shipped a lot of books to his
predecessor in 1994, but never got paid for any of them. So, he still
might be selling those 1994 books. Grand theft.

These would not be pirate copies, in that they were not reprinted.
They are probably books that we originally printed, but just never got
paid for them.

If anybody has actually obtained one of our books from either Hartland
Snyder or Kotobuki Trading, please let us know.