Old January 26th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Greg Shahade resigns

The USCF website has just announced that after only five months in
office, Greg Shahade has resigned from the USCF Executive Board.

Shahade was elected to a four year term in August, 2005.

Frankly, I felt that Shahade was an exceptionally poor board member.
He did not bother to attend the USCF Delegate's meeting in Phoenix,
Arizona held August 13 and 14, 2005 even though he was present on the
site, playing in the US Open Chess Championship. Shahade did not enter
the meeting hall until the closing minutes of the meeting, when he was
about to take office as a member of the new board.

Shahade participated in the abortive "Palace coup" which sought to
keep Beatriz Marinello in office as USCF President.

At the first meeting of the new board on August 14, 2005, Shahade
showed his unfamiliarity with the issues by asking foolish questions
to which he would have known the answers had he attended the
delegate's meetings of August 13 and 14.

Recently, Shahade sided with Bill Goichberg in the horrific Chess Cafe
deal, which has given away the formerly $3.5 million USCF books and
Equipment business.

Shahade leaves office at a time when the USCF is flat broke, having
blown the million dollars it had in the bank on December 30, 2004.

Having said all that, Shahade was a million times better than the
person who would have been elected had Shahade not run. It is better
to have an empty slot on the board than to have somebody on the board
who is completely bad.

It is excected that another of the five remaining board members will
be resigning soon.

Old January 26th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message ...
The USCF website has just announced that after only five months in
office, Greg Shahade has resigned from the USCF Executive Board.

Shahade was elected to a four year term in August, 2005.

Frankly, I felt that Shahade was an exceptionally poor board member.

Scam Sloan can't wait for the news to get cold before slinging mud.
Nothing has changed. The dirtbag is back.

Having said all that, Shahade was a million times better than the

person who would have been elected had Shahade not run. It is better
to have an empty slot on the board than to have somebody on the board
who is completely bad.

That's correct - better Shahade than if YOU won the election.

Old January 26th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Is he the brother of the chess bitch? So what does their Dad do? What
can you expect from such a Dad?

Old January 26th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

"Ray Gordon" wrote

Is he the brother of the chess bitch? So what does their Dad do? What
can you expect from such a Dad?

So what DOES their "dad" do????

Old January 26th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Ray Gordon wrote:
Is he the brother of the chess bitch? So what does their Dad do? What
can you expect from such a Dad?

He does the best he can.

David Ames

Old January 26th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Not good enough. Their Dad is known for his profession. What can you
expect from such Dad.

Old January 26th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Why did Shahade run in the first place? What was his platform? Who
is next to resign?

R S Haas

Old January 26th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

He had no platform. He's a professional poker player. That shows the
intelligence of the voters.

Old February 5th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

--- In , Myron and Rachel
[email protected] wrote:

I have attended the Board meetings and can confirm that Greg Shahade was not
only present but he contributed much of value to the discussions. I do not
know the reasons for his decison, but his resignation is a substantial loss
to the Board.

Myron L.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 1/28/06, [email protected] [email protected] wrote:

Sam is just plain wrong about Greg. I dont type well enough to tell you
all
the reasons but for starters he did go to meetings and was and is
knowledgeable
in many areas of chess.I usually take Sam more seriously than most but
this
is his worst post since he reported 40,000 dead at the World Trade Center!
Jerry Hanken

Greg Shahade did attend meetings of the BOARD. However, he did not
attend any of the delegate's meetings. I sat through the entire
delegates meetings August 13 and 14, 2005 in Phoenix and Greg Shahade
never entered the room although he was often seen wandering about
outside the rooms while the meetings were taking place.

At the board meetings, when he spoke, Greg Shahade was only interested
in one issue: Qualification rules for the US Championship. This is an
important issue of course, but it is only one issue and only affects
the 64 players who qualify for the US Championship.

A board member needs to be more than that. He must take an interest in
USCF Finances and where the money comes from and goes to. He must be
prepared to evaluate the new situation in Crossville. Greg Shahade
expressed no interest in any of that.

I am very happy that Greg Shahade was elected, because the next person
down was Elizabeth Shaughnessy who was terrible terrible horrible
horrible, the worst person ever on the board.

As an example of how terrible she was, Elizabeth Shaughnessy made a
motion that the winner of the Woman's US Senior Open Championship be
authmatically qualified to the US Championship. Somebody tried to
explain to her that if that player were let in (who would probably
have been Shaughnessy herself, a 1600 player) then a spot would have
had to be taken away from a grandmaster, as there are only 64 places
allowed in the US Championship.

Elizabeth Shaughnessy still did not understand. Fortunately, her
motion was voted down.

So, I am glad Shahade won. However, I am also concerned by unconfirmed
reports that he resigned as part of a deal to give his sister Jennifer
a job where she will be paid $75,000 a year to be a USCF webmaster. I
hope that this rumor is not true, because we cannot afford this and
this is unacceptable.

Old February 5th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 17:28:20 GMT, (Sam Sloan)
wrote:

So, I am glad Shahade won. However, I am also concerned by unconfirmed
reports that he resigned as part of a deal to give his sister Jennifer
a job where she will be paid $75,000 a year to be a USCF webmaster. I
hope that this rumor is not true, because we cannot afford this and
this is unacceptable.

Sam Sloan

Don Schultz has just posted a response to this on the USCF website at
http://www.uschess.org/forums/

In summary, the report by Don states that this rumor is completely
untrue. Jennifer Shahade has not been hired as far as he is aware and
if she is hired her salary will be much less than $75,000 per year
because of budgetary constraints. Also, she cannot be the webmaster
because Paul Hoffman has already been hired as the webmaster.

This makes me feel much better. If the rumor had been true it would
have been such a big scandal that it would have brought down the
entire board. I wish that Don had not taken several days to issue this
denial, however.