Old February 10th 06, 05:46 PM posted to alt.chess

Default Chessmaster 10th Edition

I went to Amazon.com and read the reviews about the DVD and there were a few
complants about the disc not working without a patch. Anyone here had any
trouble with it? Thanks!

Old February 12th 06, 07:11 AM posted to alt.chess

Nope. I"ll have to check, but think mine came out of the box with the newer
version.

Old February 17th 06, 09:43 PM posted to alt.chess

I can't even install it. Ubisoft told me I am NOT ALLOWED to install
it if I have a CD R/W drive because of the copy protection. (What
laptops these days DON'T have writeable drives??) Nobody told me this
when I bought the software...and they (neither Amazon nor Ubisoft) will
take back opened software.

It was only 20 bucks, but I feel SO cheated...

Old February 17th 06, 10:51 PM posted to alt.chess

"arjay" It was only 20 bucks, but I feel SO cheated...

Return it. Any company that sells copy-protected software without a warning
label must return your money. I usually rip their CDs and make copies (there
is software to do this) and then tell them to shove it up their ass and give
me my money back. **** EM.