Old February 27th 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default The 4 Polgar Proposals: To which did the Executive Board agree?

The Thlot Pickens. There are now four different versions to the Polgar
Proposal. She says that the matter is now closed as the Board has
agreed it. But, to which version did the board agree?

Here are the four versions. Please note the significant differences
especially in paragraph 4 from one version to the next regarding the
amount of free publicity the USCF is expected to give to this
program..

Polgar Letter Number 1:

Post subject: Polgar Letter to the Board
February 18. 2006

TO: Bill Hall, USCF Executive Director
Bill Goichberg, Don Schultz, Robert Tanner, Joel Channing, Beatriz
Marinello, members of the USCF Executive Board

Copy: Members of the USCF Scholastic Council
Jerry Nash, USCF Scholastic Director

Susan Polgar All-America Girl?fs Team

On behalf of the Susan Polgar Foundation, I would like to propose a
co-creation of a Susan Polgar All-America Girl?fs Team with the United
States Chess Federation starting in 2007. My foundation will award
each winner a special ?gSusan Polgar All-America Girl?fs Team?h jacket
and plaque as well as other valuable chess products.

In addition, each winner will receive an invitation to attend a very
special week long intensive all-girl?fs training program (and / or 2-3
day special sessions at various times throughout the year) which will
be sponsored by my foundation. This would be similar to the program I
created for the 2004 US Women's Olympiad team which brought
unprecedented historic results.

They will be joined by other most talented young female players in
this nation. They will be taught by me personally as well as some of
the most experienced chess trainers in the United States. I hope that
this program will help produce a number of world-class female chess
players in the future, something that this country sorely needs.

Thank you for your support and cooperation with this very important
project.

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar
Winner of 4 Women?fs World Championships
and 10 Olympiad Medals (5 Gold, 4 Silver, 1 Bronze)
www.SusanPolgarFoundation.org

Below are the criteria for the Susan Polgar All-America Girl?fs Team:

Trophies Plus All-America Chess Team Requirement

Age Minimum Peak Rating

8 & Under 1600
9 1700
10 1800
11 1925
12 2050
13 2150
14 2200
15 2250
16 2300
17 2350
18 2400

Susan Polgar All-America Girl?fs Chess Team Requirement

Age Minimum Peak Rating

8 & Under 1500
9 1600
10 1700
11 1825
12 1950
13 2050
14 2100
15 2150
16 2200
17 2250
18 2300
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's
website
SusanPolgar

Polgar Comment on Letter #1

Location: Forest Hills, NY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:15 am Post subject: Reply with
quote
The above was my e-mail to all board members, the ED, Scholastic
Director and the Scholastic Council. No one was left out.

At no place I talked about financial burden to the USCF. The program
would cost the USCF $0 in out of pocket expense. It was repeated in
various places that everything will be sponsored by the Susan Polgar
Foundation. I find it disturbing that some chess politicians would
purposely mislead the members or try to kill the initiative. I could
have done this without the USCF. But the point is to work with the
USCF for the benefits of young players across the country.

Polgar Letter #2

Hello everyone!

Thank you for taking time to consider this proposal. I would like to
clarify a few points:

1. There would be NO out of pocket expense for the USCF.

2. This is NOT a program to dumb down girl's chess. The idea is to
start at 100 points below the other criteria. I hope that within 3
years, we can cut the gap to 50 points. My goal is to eventually erase
the gap in the near future.

3. Without a serious training program, girl's chess will not improve
and we will continue to lose them. The success of the 2004 US Women's
Olympiad Training Program which I founded is the perfect proof that we
need this and we can succeed.

4. This is a joint project between the SPF and the USCF. The SPF will
take care of the costs of the jackets, plaques, prizes and training.
The USCF will help publicize and recognize it on uschess.org, the USCF
weekly newsletter as well as in Chess Life and Chess Life for Kids
(not sure of the name).

Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to clarify or
discuss any specific issue. I hope that this will not be a public
fiasco on Internet newsgroup as rumors and misinformation has started.
This would hurt the program as well as our ability to raise additional
funds to help these kids. Thank you again for your time and support.

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar
www.SusanPolgarFoundation.org

Polgar Letter #3

Hello everyone!

Thank you for taking time to consider this proposal. I would like to
clarify a few points:

1. There would be NO out of pocket expense for the USCF.

2. This is NOT a program to dumb down girl's chess. The idea is to
start at 100 points below the other criteria. I hope that within 3
years, we can cut the gap to 50 points. My goal is to eventually erase
the gap in the near future.

3. Without a serious training program, girl's chess will not improve
and we will continue to lose them. The success of the 2004 US Women's
Olympiad Training Program which I founded is the perfect proof that we
need this and we can succeed.

4. This is a joint project between the SPF and the USCF. The SPF would
take care of the costs for the jackets, plaques, prizes and training.
The USCF will help publicize the award and its criteria as well as
recognizing the girls who make the team. It can be done on the
uschess.org website, the USCF weekly newsletter, Chess Life and Chess
Life for Kids, the same as for the current Trophies Plus All America
Chess Team right now. We need to let all girls know about this award
to motivate them to achieve higher.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to clarify or
discuss any specific issue. I hope that this will not be a public
fiasco on Internet newsgroup as rumors and misinformation has started.
This would hurt the program as well as our ability to raise additional
funds to help these kids. Thank you again for your time and support.

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar
www.SusanPolgarFoundation.org

SusanPolgar

Polgar Letter #4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:11 pm
I would like to thank everyone for their contributions to this
subject. As I said, the matter is now closed. It has been approved by
the board and we have moved on to the next stage.

I am in direct phone and e-mail contact with Mr. Bill Hall and various
members of the board (if they have questions). I have decided to
change the name to The Susan Polgar All-Stars Girl's Chess Team.

The proposal remains the same. The Susan Polgar Foundation will pay
for the cost of the jackets, plaques / certificates and I will
personally train the winners. The winners will be invited to at least
one week long intense training session and / or various shorter
training sessions.

If the USCF chooses to endorse this program, they would announce the
award, its criteria and recognize the winners. This would be the same
as what the USCF is doing with the All-America's Chess Team at this
moment.

I have many projects coming up. I may or may not have time to check
this forum often. If you have any suggestion or comment, please send
me a direct e-mail. Thank you.

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar
www.SusanPolgarFoundation.org
www.SusanPolgar.com
www.SusanPolgar.blogspot.com
Old February 27th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Polgar Sleepover Camp for Teen Girls?

So this camp is for teenage girls to spend the weekends with Polgar learning
Chess?