Old March 2nd 06, 04:53 AM posted to alt.chess

Default Problems with a Wooden Board

"SR" What should I do?

This sounds like a very serious problem. You should contact a professional
carpenter and see if he can test your wood.

Old March 2nd 06, 05:20 AM posted to alt.chess
SR SR is offline

Over a year ago I bought a wooden chess set at Barnes & Noble. It was a
nice set for about $25.00

As time went by I notice little cracks on the wooden board. This
evening I took a look at the board and the cracks are even worse.

I am afraid to buy Staunton wood chess sets, because I wouldn't want
this to happen on a more expensive set.

What should I do?

SR
Old March 3rd 06, 03:14 AM posted to alt.chess
SR SR is offline

Ramon Mejia wrote:
"SR" What should I do?

This sounds like a very serious problem. You should contact a professional
carpenter and see if he can test your wood.

It's not worth it. However, should I buy a more exspensive board, I do
not want to have this problem.

Cheers!