Old March 7th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.mongolian

Default The Mongolians are coming! Head for the hills!!

Old March 7th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.mongolian

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message ...

A message from Scam Sloan with nothing it. What a welcome delight!

Old March 7th 06, 08:57 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.mongolian

Sam Sloan wrote:

This refers, I assume, to the fact that a participant in the U.S.
Championship is originally from Mongolia.

David Ames

Old March 7th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.mongolian

Who is this Mongolian player?

Old March 8th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.mongolian

Ray Gordon wrote:
Who is this Mongolian player?

Give me the list of names and I will pick him out.
Or you could go to the tournament website -- I believe Sam Sloan posted
the URL -- and check out the backgrounds of the various players.

BTW, who is this Ray Gordon?

David Ames

Old March 8th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.mongolian

The Mongolian girl is now tied for fifth place in Group B, having
defeated Grandmaster Fishbein and Grandmaster Kreiman and drawn with
Grandmaster Gulko.

http://www.uschesschampionship.com/2.../standings.htm

Old March 8th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.mongolian

David Ames wrote:
Ray Gordon wrote:
Who is this Mongolian player?

Give me the list of names and I will pick him out.

'Pick *him* out'? She's WIM Batchimeg Tuvshintugs.

--Nick

Old March 8th 06, 11:01 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.mongolian

Nick wrote:
David Ames wrote:
Ray Gordon wrote:
Who is this Mongolian player?

Give me the list of names and I will pick him out.

'Pick *him* out'? She's WIM Batchimeg Tuvshintugs.

--Nick

Good catch. I have a hard time telling men's and women's name apart in
unfamiliar languages. Horken Anfrey. Fumilyen Bilf.

David Ames

Old March 8th 06, 11:15 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.mongolian

samsloan wrote:
The Mongolian girl is now tied for fifth place in Group B, having
defeated Grandmaster Fishbein and Grandmaster Kreiman and drawn with
Grandmaster Gulko.

http://www.uschesschampionship.com/2.../standings.htm

Sam Sloan

She just defeated Grandmaster Julio Becerra 2629 and is now tied for
second in Group B.

She is far out in front, after scoring 3.5 - 1.5 against an
all-grandmaster field.

I believe that if she keeps this up, she will still have to play a
match for the US Woman's Championship against Rusudan Goletiani who is
way ahead of the other women in Group A.