Old March 19th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.thai,alt.chess,soc.culture.russian

Default My Wikipedia biography of Panupand Vijjuprabha of Thailand

Panupand Vijjuprabha
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Panupand Vijjuprabha (b. 13 April 1956 in Bangkok, Thailand) is
Vice-President of the Thailand Chess Association and is a candidate
for election as General Secretary for FIDE, the World Chess
Federation. The election will be held in Torino, Italy in May, 2006.

A Thai national, age 49 years old, born in Bangkok, Thailand, in 1956,
became interested in chess at the age of 10 years old, when his father
taught him how to play a game of chess. He has become addicted to
chess since then. He continued playing chess for many years for fun
and also entered some local tournaments, like, Thailand Open
Championships, team championships, etc. in the 80s --90s.

He went to further his education in Brighton, England, during 1976 --
1979, where he read Business Studies at the Redhill Technical College
(now Eastbourne Institute of Technology) in Redhill, Surrey. While he
was in England, he was a member of the Brighton Chess Club throughout
the 3 years period and entered some weekend chess tournaments in many
cities around Surrey and London Areas. After graduation, he went back
to Thailand to help run his family business of translation.

After returning home, he still played chess by entering local
tournaments from time to time. It was not until 1999 that he was
appointed a vice president of a local chess club called the Bangkok
Chess Club. He helped the BCC organize 5 Annual BCC Open international
chess tournaments in Thailand successfully and the BCC Open now
attracts some 100 players from various parts of the world, including
many GMs and IMs.

Because his chess capabilities have reached a saturation point, he
therefore decided to promote chess instead of playing in serious
tournaments by performing the duties of an arbiter in virtually all
tournaments in Thailand. He finally obtained the FIDE Arbiter title in
2004. With his keen interest in promoting chess among children, he
volunteered to be an arbiter in the ASEAN Age-Group Tournament held in
Pattaya, Thailand, last June, where there were altogether 250 students
taking part.

In August 2005, there was a major shake-up of the Thailand Chess
Association and in the process he was elected to be the Vice President
of Thailand Chess Association. He helped TCA organize several
tournaments, such as, TSD National Chess Championship and TSD Youth
and Women Chess Championship, as well as promoting chess among
businessmen by inviting GM Nigel Short to play two simultaneous games
during the Stock Exchange of Thailand?fs SET in the City Exhibition
which attracted a large number of crowd. The idea was to show to the
public that chess is a game of strategic planning and management, and
therefore it is related to stock investments.

Apart from chess, Mr. Panupand Vijjuprabha is also interested in many
sports, such as, football, table tennis, swimming, etc. As a former
student of Assumption College in Bangkok, he applied to be a member of
the Assumption Alumni Association and was elected a board member where
he was assigned to take care of board games and table tennis clubs.

Curriculum Vitae

Name : Panupand Vijjuprabha

Date of Birth : 13 April 1956, Bangkok, Thailand.

Religion : Christian, Roman Catholics.

Marital Status : Single.

Address : 5/6 Saladaeng Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand.
Tel.: 662-266-5531, 662-233-3572, 662-233-4768. Fax: 662-235-7321.

Email Address :

Education : Primary -- High School: 1962 -- 1975: Assumption College.

Higher Education: 1976 -- 1979: Redhill Technical College,
Surrey,England, Diploma in Business Studies.

Present Job : Manager/Translator of Bangkok Business and Secretarial
Office Limited, Thailand.

Work Experience: Began career as translator trainee in 1980 in family
business of a translation company -- Bangkok Business and Secretarial
Office Ltd. Became full translator in 1984. Most translations involved
legal papers, contracts, laws. Clients includes British Embassy, US
Embassy, Canadian Embassy, Tilleke & Gibbins Law Firm, International
Legal Councillor, KPMG Law Firm, Allen and Overy Law Office, Toyota
Thailand Co., Ltd., Marubeni, Bangkok Bank PCL., Brinks (Thailand)
Co., Ltd., UK Valuation Co., Ltd.

Social Status : Board Member of Assumption Alumni Association. Vice
President of Thailand Chess Association. Vice President of Bangkok
Chess Club.
[edit]

External links

* Bessel Kok for President in 2006
* Two Tickets Announced for FIDE Elections

This Thailand-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by
expanding it.
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panupand_Vijjuprabha"

Categories: Thailand stubs | Thailand chess players | Chess players |
1956 births | Living people
Old March 19th 06, 06:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.thai,alt.chess,soc.culture.russian

Who is Wikipedia user "Phr" ?

Somebody named User Phr deleted my biography of Panupand Vijjuprabha
less than five minutes after I had posted it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Phr

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panupand_Vijjuprabha

This person seems to be a regular reader of rec.games.chess.politics ,
yet he has never identifid himself.

Does anybody know who he is?

Old March 19th 06, 02:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.thai,alt.chess,soc.culture.russian

No one can be as stupid as Jerzy.

Old March 19th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.thai,alt.chess,soc.culture.russian

AndrewZito wrote:
No one can be as stupid as Jerzy.

Goran Tomic and the Business Manager for Chessville both strike me as
more stupid than Jerzy.

Old March 19th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.thai,alt.chess,soc.culture.russian

"The Historian" wrote in message
oups.com...

AndrewZito wrote:
No one can be as stupid as Jerzy.

Goran Tomic and the Business Manager for Chessville both strike me as
more stupid than Jerzy.

Neil, I thought that you were smarter. Now I know that you are not that
smart.

Old March 19th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.thai,alt.chess,soc.culture.russian

Neil is a lot smarter than you jackass.