Old March 19th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Wikipedia biography of Geoffrey Borg

Geoffrey Borg
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Geoffrey Borg (b. 1963 in Malta) is currently President of the Malta
Chess Federation and General Secretary of the Mediterranean Chess
Association (MCA) and Small Nations Chess Association (SNACA). He is a
candidate for Treasurer of FIDE, the World Chess Federation in an
election to be held in Torino, Italy in May, 2006.

He graduated with first class honours in Business Management in 1986
from the University of Malta and a Masters in Business Administration
from Warwick University in England in1995. Geoffrey has worked in the
United Kingdom, United States, Belgium and Malta and is currently the
General Manager in charge of Sales and Distribution for Malta's
largest beverage producer. He is also President of the Malta
Association of Credit Management.

On the chess side Geoffrey has played for Malta in a number of
Olympiads, and his best result was a silver medal on Board 1 in the
Salonika Olympiad in 1984. He has two IM norms to date but is
relatively inactive on the chess playing side today apart from playing
blitz and bullet chess on ICC and Playchess.

He also has helped out as an interviewer during the World Championship
candidates during the finals in Tripoli, Libya in 2004 and also during
the European Men & Women Championships in Silivri, Turkey in 2003.
[edit]

External links

* Two Tickets Announced for FIDE Elections
* Bessel Kok for President in 2006
* FIDE rating card for Geoffrey Borg

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_Borg"

Categories: Chess players | Living people
Old March 19th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Who is Wikipedia user "Phr"

Somebody named User Phr deleted my biography of Ali Nihat Yazici less
than five minutes after I had posted it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Phr

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_Borg

This person seems to be a regular reader of rec.games.chess.politics ,
yet he had never identifid himself.

Does anybody know who he is?

Old March 19th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

(Sam Sloan) writes:
Somebody named User Phr deleted my biography of Ali Nihat Yazici less
than five minutes after I had posted it.

Does anybody know who he is?

Yes.
Old March 19th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

I support his decision to delete all your crap.

Andrew Zito