Old March 19th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.turkish,alt.chess,soc.culture.russian

Default Wikipedia biography of Ali Nihat Yazici

Ali Nihat Yazici
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ali Nihat Yazici (b. 1964 in Adapazari, Turkey) is the president of
the Turkish Chess Federation and is a candidate for Depity President
of FIDE. Known for staging numerous international chess tournaments -
for instance the European individual, team and youth championships in
the last few years.

Ali Nihat has been a driving force in the number of World and European
Chess Championships that the Turkish Chess Federation have staged in
the past years.

Ali Nihat comes with an impressive CV, both parents being teachers. In
1987 he attended the Technical University of Istanbul to study
electronic and communication engineering.

In 1994 he did an MBA degree at the Middle East Technical University,
and in 1996 completed the highest honour degree of IAB (International
Academy of Broadcasting) in Montreux, Switzerland. He has worked as an
engineer in the Turkish Radio Television Corporation, becoming Chief
Engineer of the TRT in 1992, and Head of the TV department of TRT in
1999.

In 2000 Ali, who speaks English and French (and of course occasionally
Turkish), was elected President of Turkish Chess Federation. He is a
board member of the ECU (European Chess Union), Deputy President of
the MCA (Mediterrenean Chess Association), Chairman of FIDE's Chess in
Schools Commission, FIDE Rules and Tournaments Regulations Committee
Member, a FIDE International Arbiter and FIDE international Chess
Organiser.

Ali lives with his wife Ebru and daughter Eylem Ekin. They also have a
two-month-old daughter Ece Ekim.

As the president of the Turkish Chess Federation, Ali has successfully
campaigned to make chess an elective course in all primary schools --
from September 2005 chess is being offered in all schools in Turkey.
The Federation expects to have around 100,000 members by the end of
2005 and, quite unabashedly, one million by the end of 2008. They are
aiming at 12,000 chess teachers for the Primary Schools. Ali has
recruited GMs Predrag Nikolic, Vassily Ivanchuk (who now speaks fluent
Turkish) and Mikhail Gurevich for 7-10 days training camps. Below one
can find some of the tournaments that Turkey will be organising in the
near future.

* 2006 The World Youth Under 16 Chess Olympiad
* 2006 The European Individual Chess Championships (Men and Women)
* 2007 The World Youth Chess Championships
* 2007 The FIDE General Assembly and Congress
* 2008 The World Youth Under 16 Chess Olympiad
* 2012 Turkey will be a candidate for the Chess Olympiad (in
Antalya)

[edit]

External links

* Ali Nihat Yazici for FIDE Deputy President in 2006

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Nihat_Yazici"

Categories: Turkish chess players | Chess players | 1964 births |
Living people
Old March 19th 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.turkish,alt.chess,soc.culture.russian

Who is Wikipedia user "Phr"

Somebody named User Phr deleted my biography of Ali Nihat Yazici less
than five minutes after I had posted it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Phr

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Nihat_Yazici

This person seems to be a regular reader of rec.games.chess.politics ,
yet he had never identifid himself.

Does anybody know who he is?

Old March 19th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.turkish,alt.chess,soc.culture.russian

Sam Sloan wrote:
Who is Wikipedia user "Phr"

Somebody named User Phr deleted my biography of Ali Nihat Yazici less
than five minutes after I had posted it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Phr

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Nihat_Yazici

This person seems to be a regular reader of rec.games.chess.politics ,
yet he had never identifid himself.

Does anybody know who he is?

Sam Sloan

See the wiki logs of this user:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Luigi30

Also some other pages at the English (en.), German (de.)
and Turkish (tr.) wikis were deleted, but the few I checked
reappered again. Unfortunately your page did not reapper yet.

Old March 19th 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.turkish,alt.chess,soc.culture.russian

wrote:
Sam Sloan wrote:
Who is Wikipedia user "Phr"

Somebody named User Phr deleted my biography of Ali Nihat Yazici less
than five minutes after I had posted it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Phr

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Nihat_Yazici

This person seems to be a regular reader of rec.games.chess.politics ,
yet he had never identifid himself.

Does anybody know who he is?

Sam Sloan

See the wiki logs of this user:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Luigi30

Also some other pages at the English (en.), German (de.)
and Turkish (tr.) wikis were deleted, but the few I checked
reappered again. Unfortunately your page did not reapper yet.

The following pages are disappearing and then coming again:
http://tr.wikiquote.org/wiki/Atat%C3%BCrk
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Atat%C3%BCrk
http://de.wikiquote.org/wiki/Atat%C3%BCrk

It looks like a cyber-terrorist is performing vandalism...

Everybody should check the pages he/she knows of at the wiki servers.

Old March 19th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.turkish,alt.chess,soc.culture.russian

Sam Sloan wrote:
[...]

Here's more info about vandalism at wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...with_vandalism