Old March 19th 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default My biography of Paul Rubin on Wikipedia

Paul Rubin
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Paul Rubin is a machine language computer programmer who resides in
the San Francisco Bay Area and who for many years resided in Berkeley,
California. He is also a chess player, who is rated 1282 by the United
States Chess Federation.

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?12520735

For several years, Paul Rubin has offered to write free chess software
of a volunteer basis in GNU assembler, but he apparently has not
produced anything yet.

His expert knowledge of computer hardware and software gives him the
ability to browse through the Internet without actually logging in or
identifying himself. His job of writing assembly code gives him a lot
of opportunities to post on his employer's time. He has posted to
Usenet more than ten thousand times under his various IDs. His
postings cover a wide variety of subjects.

In chess, Paul Rubin advocates the virtual abolition of the United
States Chess Federation. He states in thousands of postings to
rec.games.chess.politics that USCF dues should be reduced to zero but
in any case to no more than $5. He says that the USCF rating system
can be run on a PC. To get the PC, he says that the USCF officials
should go dumpster diving and find a used PC in the trash.

Paul Rubin wants to be able to play USCF rated chess without having to
pay the $39 membership dues to join the USCF. He states that Chess
Life is not worth reading and he should not be required to subscribe
to play rated chess. This may explain why his rating is only 1282.
Because he consistently wants to reduce the cost of playing rated
chess, his postings strike a resonant cord until it is realized that
he actually wants to reduce the cost to zero.

Because he is opposed to the chess bureaucracy and to the structure of
organized chess, while nevertheless wanting to enjoy the benefit which
organized chess brings him, namely the Elo rating system, Paul Rubin
has campaigned on Wikipedia to delete the biographies of chess
officials. For example, Paul Rubin led the hard campaign to delete the
biography of Tom Dorsch, even though he knew Dorsch personally and
knew that Dorsch was President of the California Chess Association.
Similarly, under his User ID of Phr, Paul Rubin on March 18, 2006
deleted the biographies on Wikipedia of five of the most important
chess officials in the world.

External links

* USCF Rating of Paul Rubin
* Paul Rubin user page on Wikipedia

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Rubin"

Categories: Living people | American chess players | GNU project
Old March 19th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

More and more crap from scumbag Sam Sloan.

Old March 19th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Another rant by Scam Sloan. The owners of Wikipedia must be wondering what
sin they committed to be visited by this never-ending plague called Scam Sloan.

The problem is that Scammie has too much free time on his hands. He's a bum.
No job. No friends to socialize with. No family. His foreign wives have all
left him once they got their green card. Poor Scammie. Got nothing better to
do than make enemies by the truckload.

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message ...
Paul Rubin
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old March 19th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Only a few minutes after I posted the biography of Paul Rubin on
Wikipedia, he got his own biography deleted.

This was clealy a violation of Wikipedia rules, which state that a
person cannot modify or delete their own biography.

It was simply wrong for Wikipedia to delete the biography of Paul
Rubin. Paul Rubin has been attacking various chess officials and the
chess bureaucracy for more than ten years since the early 1990s. I am
not a chess official and he has not been attacking me. However, he has
deleted the biographies I wrote of various chess officials. By his
long campaign against the chess bureaucracy, Paul Rubin has made
himself notable..

In particular, Paul Rubin got the biographies of Tom Dorsch, Ali Nihat
Yazici, Julio Ingolotti, Panupand Vijjuprabha, and Geoffrey Borg all
deleted.

He deleted almost all of the article about Bessel Kok. He
substantially modified the biographies of Edward G. Winter, Eric
Schiller, John Donaldson and Elena Donaldson.

He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area and it can be seen that Bay
Area chess officials are often the subject of his attacks. I am not
going to name any names, but from this pattern it can be seen that
certain chess personalities need to be on the lookout for his attacks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Rubin

Old March 19th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

The more you post, the more they will be deleted. You're an asshole
Scammie Sloan.

Old March 19th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

(Sam Sloan) writes:
Only a few minutes after I posted the biography of Paul Rubin on
Wikipedia, he got his own biography deleted.

This was clealy a violation of Wikipedia rules, which state that a
person cannot modify or delete their own biography.

I requested its deletion since it was bogus. I didn't delete it (only
Wikipedia admins can delete articles and I'm not one).

In particular, Paul Rubin got the biographies of Tom Dorsch, Ali Nihat
Yazici, Julio Ingolotti, Panupand Vijjuprabha, and Geoffrey Borg all
deleted.

Except for Tom Dorsch, those articles were all plagiarized from
www.right06.org. The Dorsch article was deleted through a consensus
process per Wikipedia policy.

He deleted almost all of the article about Bessel Kok. He
substantially modified the biographies of Edward G. Winter, Eric
Schiller, John Donaldson and Elena Donaldson.

He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area and it can be seen that Bay
Area chess officials are often the subject of his attacks. I am not
going to name any names, but from this pattern it can be seen that
certain chess personalities need to be on the lookout for his attacks.

I edited those articles to remove baseless attacks by Sam Sloan, not
to add attacks.
Old March 19th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

This was clealy a violation of Wikipedia rules, which state that a
person cannot modify or delete their own biography.

It was simply wrong for Wikipedia to delete the biography of Paul
Rubin.

I wonder if Sloan sees the contradiction in the above statements. The guy
sounds like a raving lunatic - which means he has something in common with
Bobby Fischer.

As an aside, I also wonder what Larry Parr has to say about Sloan's
incessant unprovoked attacks against members of the chess community?
Nothing. What can one say positive about Scammie? Of course we all
know how Parr reacts when anyone attacks or criticizes Evans or Keene.

Old March 19th 06, 08:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

"Paul Rubin" Except for Tom Dorsch, those articles were all plagiarized
from
www.right06.org.

That website does not exist. Even if it was plagiarized, so what? Everything
in Wiki-****pedia is plagiarized crap that is posted for free so that some
conniving asshole can make millions from the stupidity of lonely people with
lots of time on thier hands.

Old March 19th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Sloan vs. Rubin: Jew Against Jew

Yes, this is what Chess has brought us to. One Jew attacking another Jew.
Why can't we all just be friends? Does anyone doubt that the USCF is a tool
of anti-semitism?