Old March 23rd 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default About Marcus Roberts

About Marcus Roberts

I have never threatened to kill Marcus Roberts. I have never met
Marcus Roberts. I have never even seen Marcus Roberts. I have never
spoken to Marcus Roberts, not even on the telephone. I have never seen
a picture of Marcus Roberts. I do not know what he looks like, or even
whether he is white or black. I do not know where Marcus Roberts
lives, except that his recent postings indicate that he lives in
Jacksonville, Florida.

I state this because in 50 different postings to the chess newsgroups
in the past few weeks, Marcus Roberts had claimed that I have
threatened to kill him. He has also written to the USCF Executive
Board and the USCF Executive Director making the same statements. He
states that he has also written to FIDE, making the same statements.

Marcus Roberts is one of these people who, kind of like George John,
reappears every few years, usually when an election campaign is going
on, and then disappears when the election is over.

I just discovered that the case of Marcus Roberts is being discussed
by the USCF Executive Board in the BINFOS. I am shocked and surprised
at this. I think Mike Nolan must not know who Marcus Roberts is.
Otherwise, he would not let him in the BINFOS.

What little I know about Marcus Roberts is that he ran for USCF Policy
Board twice, in 1994 and 1997. When he ran in 1997 he only received 5
votes, the worst showing ever by a candidate. Just before the vote
count, he posted that he had received guarantees of 200 votes and was
sure to win. When he only got five votes, he wrote me a letter saying
that he thought that he and I had been cheated, and that the counters
had not counted properly. I wrote back that I thought that the vote
count was honest. That is the only time that I can recall that I ever
sent an e-mail to Marcus Roberts, except that once at about the same
time he wrote me that he was living in Madison Heights, Virginia where
the kidnappers of my daughter were also living. I wrote back that if
ever saw my daughter or had any information about her, please write
me. He never did and I suspect that he never really lived in Madison
Heights, Virginia. He was just trying to set some sort of trap.

In 2001, I posted a picture of my baby daughter being born. Marcus
Roberts wrote me that if I did not delete the picture of a baby being
born, he was going to have me arrested for child pornography. He was
obviously a nut and I did not reply to that letter.

After an absence of nearly five years Marcus Roberts appeared in
January of this year with the following posting:

On Mon, Jan 9 2006 at 3:44 AM "Ambassador"
Marcus Roberts wrote:

I am incorporating our chess club in a Caribbean nation currently
without representation in FIDE. What are the procedures for
accreditation of a FIDE from a new, sovereign nation (UN member) that
is unrepresented in FIDE and which is entitled to vote in the FIDE
general assembly?
Thanks
Marcus Roberts

In a recent posting, Marcus Roberts stated that he had notified the
Jacksonville, Florida FBI of death threats against him.

What I think this means is that he has incorporated his Jacksonville
Chess Club in St. Kitts and Nevis, an island nation which is a member
of the United Nations but is not a member of FIDE. St. Kitts and Nevis
is well known as a tax haven and I think that Marcus Roberts has
incorporated there, without a physical presence on the islands, and
now is trying to apply for membership in FIDE. He calls himself the
"Permanent Delegate of St Kitts and Nevis to FIDE". However, FIDE has
procedures before admitting a new member and I doubt that Marcus
Roberts will be able to comply.

Marcus Roberts is best known for being a gay basher. During the 1997
election campaign, Marcus Roberts sent out mailings stating that gays
had infiltrated the top levels of the USCF. He cited a case where a
person who had once been a delegate to the USCF annual meetings had
been arrested for child molestation. The man had been found not guilty
by a jury. The man had never been a USCF official, other than being a
state delegate.

That is all I know about Marcus Roberts.

Old March 23rd 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Marcus Roberts should be punished

We should cut Marcus Roberts' balls and give it to Ilyumzhinov. I'm
glad you'll get him in May. Good luck!

Old March 23rd 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Sounds like you need to do a Wikipedia article on Marcus Roberts.
Yes, he is an ignorant fruitcake!

- CF

Old March 23rd 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Marcus,

You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

Sam Sloan: "I have never threatened to kill Marcus Roberts."

Yet you blindly respond:

Marcus Roberts: "Thank you for telling me that you were the one going to kill me."

Doh.

- CF

ps. We could understand you better if you removed your feet from your mouth.

Old March 23rd 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Ambassador wrote:
USCF regional Vice Presdient
Vice Presdient, Texas Chess Association
USCF Delegate for several years
MEmber, USCF By-laws Committee
cosponsor of an intem of continuning interest

Sam - you only got one more vote than I did, and I was a write in
candidate. You wrote many lies in your article, and I won't even
respond to them.

Thank you for telling me that you were the one going to kill me. I am
talking to the police now.

Marcus Roberts

This guy simply HAS TO BE a sock puppet, created for our general
amusement. Someone should hold a Sock Puppet World Championship
between Marcus, Ray Gordon's sock and Sam Sloan's sock.

Charles

Old March 23rd 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On 23 Mar 2006 10:15:05 -0800, "Ambassador"
wrote:

USCF regional Vice Presdient
Vice Presdient, Texas Chess Association
USCF Delegate for several years
MEmber, USCF By-laws Committee
cosponsor of an intem of continuning interest

Sam - you only got one more vote than I did, and I was a write in
candidate. You wrote many lies in your article, and I won't even
respond to them.

Thank you for telling me that you were the one going to kill me. I am
talking to the police now.

Marcus Roberts

Maybe you are what the posts say about you. He just posted he never
threatened to kill you. Now if you go to the police you had better
have proof. Sam Sloan is many slimy things but he isn't the type that
would threaten someones life.

EZoto
Old March 24th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Well, Sam, FIDE disagreed with you when they read my application for
admission and gave me a national account and password. Do you check any
of your facts?

The application to FIDE REQUIRES you to name a FIDE Delegate. Look at
the application for new members to FIDE.

Marcus Roberts

Old March 24th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Sorry,

I apologize. In a hurry!

Sam Sloan DID NOT THREATEN TO KILL ME. HE retracted after about 50
posts asking him to retract. It took him a while, but he did retract. I
am not perfect.

I apologize to Mr. Sloan.

Marcus Roberts

Old March 24th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Charles,

You can be amused. I am using this forum to admit St Kitts and Nevis
into FIDE. After that, I really don't care to post much here anymore.
The hard cold political facts are that St Kitts and Nevis is better off
with me on this forum until provisional admission. I have a reason to
be here, for now. A SOCK PUPPET is more like somebody who posts a bunch
with no reason whatsoever. I have a goal, and my posts help accomplish
that goal.

In my case, there is a real valid reason. A nation wants to play in the
world chess championship.

If I get admitted into FIDE, and keep my postings up, THEN you can call
me a SOCK PUPPET...

Marcus Robets
Permanent Delegate of St Kitts and Nevis to FIDE

Old March 24th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On 23 Mar 2006 16:06:45 -0800, "Ambassador"
wrote:

Sorry,

I apologize. In a hurry!

Sam Sloan DID NOT THREATEN TO KILL ME. HE retracted after about 50
posts asking him to retract. It took him a while, but he did retract. I
am not perfect.

He never retracted. He never made the threatening posts. The threat
was from one of the Sloan imposters. Various people have already
pointed this out.

I apologize to Mr. Sloan.

Marcus Roberts