Old April 3rd 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.tennessee

Default Is Our Building in Crossville Insured against Tornado Damage?

This morning a series of Tornados hit Central Tennessee. More than 80
buildings have been destroyed and at least 19 people are dead.

Was our building hit? Is Bill Hall still alive?

Most importantly, do we have insurance?

If we do, I hope the tornado hits, assuming of course that nobody is
injured.

That way, we can get back the $650,000 we have sunk into that
worthless building and move the USCF out of the mountains and into a
city somewhere.

Old April 3rd 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

I also hope that the USCF took out insurance coverage for Jennifer
Shahade's perky tits. They are national treasures.

Old April 3rd 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

"Sam Sloan" I also hope that the USCF took out insurance coverage for
Jennifer
Shahade's perky tits. They are national treasures.

post some photos and/or links. I highly doubt that any Chess chick has a
nice rack. In fact, I bet they have acne and little black hairs on the
nipples.

Old April 4th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.tennessee
g4 g4 is offline

Good old Scam Sloan - not enough that he filed a frivolous lawsuit (and lost,
as usual) to keep the USCF from moving to Crossville. Now he wishes
for a natural disaster. What a sport. Just can't let things go.

Old April 4th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.tennessee

(Sam Sloan) writes:

This morning a series of Tornados hit Central Tennessee. More than 80
buildings have been destroyed and at least 19 people are dead.

Actually, the majority of the damage was in western Tennessee, several
hundred miles from Crossville.

However, among the dead are two distant relatives of Scholastic Director
Jerry Nash. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.
--
Mike Nolan

Old April 8th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.tennessee

Updated: 10:52 PM EDT
Severe Storms, Tornadoes Sweep Tennessee
At Least 11 Die as State Endures Second Onslaught
By ERIK SCHELZIG, AP

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (April 7) - A line of severe thunderstorms and
tornadoes marched across the South on Friday, peeling away roofs,
overturning cars and killing at least 11 people in Tennessee,
officials said.

It was the second wave of violent weather to hit the state in less
than a week. Last weekend, thunderstorms and tornadoes killed 24
people in the western part of the state and destroyed more than 1,000
homes and buildings.

The storms raked an area from northern Mississippi to northern
Virginia as they moved to the northeast late Friday after developing
from a low-pressure system in the central Plains.

The Nashville suburbs were the hardest hit, with at least eight deaths
happening northeast of the city. Three more people were killed in a
rural area about 65 miles southeast of Nashville.

Fire Chief Joe Womack said three bodies were pulled from the wreckage
of homes in a subdivision of Gallatin, about 24 miles northeast of the
city..

Steven Davis, who lives about a block from the subdivision, said he
ran to a neighbor's home to take shelter in a crawl space when he
heard the storm approaching.

"When the tornado came through, the roof was off just like that,"
Davis said, snapping his fingers. Houses on each side of his street
were destroyed.

"Our neighborhood is leveled," Davis said.

Tornadoes were also reported in the Nashville suburbs of
Goodlettsville, Hendersonville and Ashland City, and in Holladay,
about 90 miles west of Nashville. The storms flattened trees, knocked
down power lines and damaged homes and other buildings.

Spotty communications made it difficult for emergency responders to
get a full picture of the damage. Phone lines to authorities and most
businesses were out of service.

Hospitals admitted at least 60 people with storm-related injuries and
transferred at least nine critically injured patients to Nashville
hospitals.