Old April 12th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.women

Default Did the Polgar Training Program help the Woman's Olympiad Team?

Did the Polgar Training Program help the Woman's Olympiad Team?

For the last two years we have been hearing endlessly from Paul Truong
about how it was entirely due to the Zsuzsa Polgar Training Program
that the US Woman's Team won the Silver Medal at the 2004 Chess
Olympiad in Spain and therefore the USCF should pay another $30,000 to
Truong this time around for another training program.

If the USCF does not pay this $30,000 to Truong, that means that the
USCF is "not serious" about sending a team, we are told.

I realized immediately after the Olympiad that, based on the results,
this claim could not be sustained. However, I have said nothing
because I did not want to get in a figfht with Truong, even though
Truong voted at the USCF Delegate's meeting in Phoenix last August to
BAN me from running for USCF Election.

However, over the past few days Truong has started to attack me
personally because I wrote good things about the performance of the
Mongolian Girl with unpronouncable name at the US Chess Championship
last month, so I feel that I should finally respond to Truong.

The fact is that the US Woman's Team did not win the Silver Medal
because of the Training Program. The team won the medal because of
Zsuzsa Polgar herself. Zsuzsa scored 4.5 points in the last five
games.against some of the top rated women in the world. She defeated
former world champion Maya Chiburdanidze and only drew former world
champion Xie Jun. More than that, one of the other players, Jennifer
Shahade, played so badly in her first two games, that she had to be
benched for the remainder of the event. Jennifer played opponents
averaging 2195 and scored one draw and one loss. As a result, she was
dropped from the team. As a result, Susan Polgar had to play all 14
games without a break, the only player on the top boards of the
Olympiad to do so.

Susan Polgar was the "Iron Man" of the Olympiad. Susan played
opponents averaging 2435 and scored 10.5 out of 14 for a performance
rating of 2635 establishing her again as the second strongest woman
player in the world, behind only her little baby sister Judit.

The rest of the team, however, did not do as well and thus gained no
demonstrable benefit from the Polgar Training Program.

This can be seen from the results of the FIDE rating list at
http://www.fide.com/ratings/tourarc....field1=2011905

Except for Susan, Irina Krush was the only player on the team to gain
rating points. Irina gained 1.8 points, rounded up to 2 points.

Anna whats-her-name lost 0.2 points, rounded up to zero points.

Jennifer Shahade lost 14.1 points, roounded down to 14 points.

Susan Polgar herself gained .9.8 points, rounded up to 10 points.

Thus, the team as a whole lost two points. If you exclude the result
of the Susan Polgar, the other three players in her training program
lost 12 points.

This proves that, as a result of the Susan Polgar Training Program,
the players got worse! Therefore, the USCF should not pay another
$30,000 to Paul Truong.

Old April 12th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.women

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
Did the Polgar Training Program help the Woman's Olympiad Team?

Will Sam Sloan now post the answer he received? It si a very good question,
as I said elsewhere, and the answer is also very good.

Phil Innes

Old April 12th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.women

Sam Sloan wrote:
Did the Polgar Training Program help the Woman's Olympiad Team?

For the last two years we have been hearing endlessly from Paul Truong
about how it was entirely due to the Zsuzsa Polgar Training Program
that the US Woman's Team won the Silver Medal at the 2004 Chess
Olympiad in Spain and therefore the USCF should pay another $30,000
to Truong this time around for another training program.

If the USCF does not pay this $30,000 to Truong, that means that the
USCF is "not serious" about sending a team, we are told.

As far as I can recall, GM Zsuzsa Polgar has said that she does
not intend to represent the United States in the 2006 Olympiad.

I realized immediately after the Olympiad that, based on the results,
this claim could not be sustained. However, I have said nothing
because I did not want to get in a figfht with Truong, even though
Truong voted at the USCF Delegate's meeting in Phoenix last August to
BAN me from running for USCF Election.

However, over the past few days Truong has started to attack me
personally because I wrote good things about the performance of the
Mongolian Girl with unpronouncable name at the US Chess Championship
last month, so I feel that I should finally respond to Truong.

'... Mongolian Girl with Unpronouncable (sic) name'?
And Sam Sloan likes to act like an 'expert' on Asian languages.

The fact is that the US Woman's Team did not win the Silver Medal
because of the Training Program. The team won the medal because of
Zsuzsa Polgar herself. Zsuzsa scored 4.5 points in the last five
games.against some of the top rated women in the world. She defeated
former world champion Maya Chiburdanidze and only drew former
world champion Xie Jun.

'*Only* drew former world champion Xie Jun'?

When they played that game, GM Zsuzsa Polgar was rated 2567 FIDE
and GM Xie Jun was rated 2569 FIDE, so 'obviously' (sarcasm intended)
that should make Zsuzsa Polgar an overwhelming favourite to defeat
Xie Jun.

As far as I can recall, Paul Truong, the captain of the US team, was
quite satisfied with Zsuzsa Polgar's draw with Xie Jun at that time.

More than that, one of the other players, Jennifer Shahade, played so
badly in her first two games, that she had to be benched for the
remainder of the event. Jennifer played opponents averaging 2195
and scored one draw and one loss. As a result, she was dropped
from the team. As a result, Susan Polgar had to play all 14 games
without a break, the only player on the top boards of the Olympiad
to do so.

Susan Polgar was the "Iron Man" of the Olympiad. Susan played
opponents averaging 2435 and scored 10.5 out of 14 for a performance
rating of 2635

If I recall correctly, Xie Jun's performance rating was slightly lower.
Given the Chinese team's large lead in the tournament, evidently
Xie Jun was playing more not to lose than to win games during
the last several rounds. If the Chinese team had been more
closely challenged, then Xie Jun and the other Chinese players
probably would have made greater efforts to win their games
during the last several rounds.

establishing her again as the second strongest woman
player in the world, behind only her little baby sister Judit.

After the 2004 Olympiad, Zsuzsa Polgar's rated 2577 FIDE
and Xie Jun's rated 2573 FIDE. I suppose that the difference
of those four rating points must prove Zsuzsa Polgar's clear
superiority in the perceptions of nationalistic Americans.

The rest of the team, however, did not do as well and thus gained
no demonstrable benefit from the Polgar Training Program.

This can be seen from the results of the FIDE rating list at
http://www.fide.com/ratings/tourarc....field1=2011905

Except for Susan, Irina Krush was the only player on the team to gain
rating points. Irina gained 1.8 points, rounded up to 2 points.

Anna whats-her-name lost 0.2 points, rounded up to zero points.

Jennifer Shahade lost 14.1 points, roounded down to 14 points.

But that's based on a sample of only two games.
Does not Sam Sloan know 'how to lie (mislead) with statistics'?

Susan Polgar herself gained .9.8 points, rounded up to 10 points.

Thus, the team as a whole lost two points. If you exclude the result
of the Susan Polgar, the other three players in her training program
lost 12 points.

This proves that, as a result of the Susan Polgar Training Program,
the players got worse!

Sam Sloan's 'evidence' does *not prove* what he has concluded.

Therefore, the USCF should not pay another $30,000 to Paul Truong.
Sam Sloan

I have no opinion about what's best for the USCF in this case.

--Nick

Old April 12th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.women

Sam Sloan wrote:
Did the Polgar Training Program help the Woman's Olympiad Team?
(snipped: I already have responded to it.)
This proves that, as a result of the Susan Polgar Training Program,
the players got worse! ...

Regardless of the fact that I am not an American woman,
if I were given the same training opportunities as the
2004 US Women's Olympiad Team, then I doubt
that I would become a worse player.

--Nick

Old April 13th 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.women
Rob Rob is offline

Nick wrote:
Sam Sloan wrote:
Did the Polgar Training Program help the Woman's Olympiad Team?
(snipped: I already have responded to it.)
This proves that, as a result of the Susan Polgar Training Program,
the players got worse! ...

Regardless of the fact that I am not an American woman,
if I were given the same training opportunities as the
2004 US Women's Olympiad Team, then I doubt
that I would become a worse player.

--Nick

Excellent point Nick.

Rob

Old April 13th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.women
Joe Joe is offline

Default Did the Polgar Masturbation Training help?

The Polgar Masturbation Manual was very helpful to me. For only $39.99 I got
a folder full of nudes of the Polgars, plus a couple of photos of Truong
jacking himself over their eager faces.

The video is $79.99, and I already ordered mine. I eagerly await next year's
"Women of Chess" nude calendar featuring Beatriz Mariholo spread-eagled on
the cover.

I haven't been jacking like this since I was a teenager. So if you have any
extra disposable cash, send it to Troung. His training manual is worth it.

Old April 13th 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.women

What was his point?

Ray Gordon

Old April 13th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.women

What is his point?