Old April 18th 06, 06:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Five Candidates Run for USCF Executive Board

Five Candidates Run for USCF Executive Board

The deadline has now passed and there are five certified candidates
for the two open slots on the USCF Executive Board. They a Mike
Goodall, Randy Hough, Grant Perks, Ernie Schlich, and Sam Sloan.

I am happy with this lineup, and not for the reasons you imagine. I am
happy because all of the candidates are very long-time chess
personalities, who have been around forever. All of them are devoted
to the betterment of chess. None of them would want anything bad to
happen to the USCF. None of them are members of slates or are fronts
of unnamed persons with hidden agendas.

For the past 30 years in almost every election there has been a
Goichberg Slate opposed by a Dubeck Slate. This has made it almost
impossible for third party candidates to be successful. However, this
year, Goichberg and Dubeck have apparently decided to sit it out. I do
not think that any of the candidates are in the pocket of or beholden
to either of them, or anybody else for that matter.

One thing that is unusual is that of the five candidates, three are
former employees of the USCF. Randy Hough, Grant Perks and Ernie
Schlich are all former employees. Ernie Schlich still works for the
USCF but on a volunteer basis only. Previously, he was Technical
Director. Grant Perks is a former Executive Director and also a former
CFO. Randy Hough was in charge of the USCF Rating System back in the
mid-1980s.

I have absolutely no objection to this. Former employees know the
federation better than almost anybody else and have much to
contribute. Moreover, none of them were fired or unceremoniously
thrown out or left under a cloud, as far as I am aware.

Frankly, if I had known how strong the field was going to be, I
probably would not have run. I just looked up Randy Hough, Grant Perks
and Ernie Schlich and I found that each of them have played in or
directed more than six hundred tournaments in the last ten years, an
amazing record.

I do not think I have much of a chance. I do hope that the big power
brokers stay out of the race this time. I hope that they let the best
man win for a change.

Old April 18th 06, 09:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

A WINNING PLANK

I'll wager that the candidate who pledges to try and restore
Larry Evans On Chess to Chess Life will get the most votes.

Old April 18th 06, 10:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

wrote:
A WINNING PLANK

I'll wager that the candidate who pledges to try and restore
Larry Evans On Chess to Chess Life will get the most votes.

This is genuinely funny. You have a future in the world of comedy.
Thanks for the laugh, Larry.

Charles

Old April 18th 06, 10:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
jr jr is offline

I doubt that Evans would have anything more to do with
those dullards on the boad who just wasted $50,000 on
a no-bid resdesign of Chess Life and its website,
but I could easily round ujp hundreds of votes for such
a candidate in my area alone.

That's no joke.

Old April 18th 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Gay Candidates Run for USCF Executive Board

"Sam Sloan" there are five certified candidates for the two open slots on
the USCF Executive Board. They a Mike Goodall, Randy Hough, Grant Perks,
Ernie Schlich, and Sam Sloan.

I heard that this year there was a Gay slate and a Mail-Order Bride slate.
Who is on which? Goatbitch is backing the Gays, and Dupeck is backing the
Thai Mail-Order Bride slate.

Old April 18th 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
jr jr is offline

* I'll wager that the candidate who pledges to try and restore
Larry Evans On Chess to Chess Life will get the most votes.* (Parr)

Too bad Evans himself is not running He would win hands down
(causing apoplexy for a chosen few).

Old April 19th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
g4 g4 is offline

Old April 19th 06, 05:03 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

"g4" Would Larry Parr, who claims he has a virtual monopoly on accuracy,
verifiability, and truthfulness, care to attack this howler with the same

ferocity
he attacks Taylor Kingston's claim of a 2350 postal chess rating?

Any guy that always takes one of his nineteen children and twelve wives to
every Chess Tournament can't be all bad.

Sam Sloan may not be Presidential timbre, but he is a good person in his own
warped way. You all need to appreciate the poor guy a lot more.

Old April 19th 06, 10:02 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Five bald people fighting over a comb.

Old April 19th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

"Alan OBrien" Five bald people fighting over a comb.

Five fags fighting over Beatriz' lezbo pussy.