Old April 21st 06, 02:22 PM posted to alt.chess

Default What is "A Beer?"

So I was playing this GrandMaster the other day at a club in New York. As
we are playing we are also discussing chess and the game at hand (I was
beating the old ******* badly). I said Lasker and he said Morphy. I said
Casablanca and he said Ruy Lopez. So this was going on for a while and I
was totally following the line when out of nowhere he said he was going to
have "A Beer."

What is that?

Willie