Old April 28th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.russian,alt.chess

Default FIDE ASKED ME TO GET ILLEGAL VISAS FOR THE RUSSIAN MOB

On 27 Apr 2006 12:20:31 -0700, wrote:

FIDE APPARENTLY ASKED ME TO GET ILLEGAL VISAS FOR THE RUSSIAN MOB

ST Kitts an Nevis was asked to participate in an illegal immigration
scheme to get fake VISAS into EUROPE, by FIDE officials. The Russian
Mob is tried to use St Kitts and Nevis to funnel illegal activity, and
when I refused, my money was STOLEN, and we were thrown out of FIDE.

Marcus Roberts
Permanent Delegate of St Kitts and Nevis

This claim might actually be true and merits investigation.

It is known that Kirsan Ilyumzhinov approached Phil Haley, the
Canadian Delegate to FIDE, asking Haley to provide Canadian visas for
several cronies of Kirsan. Haley eventually replied that he was unable
to help him.

Kirsan held the 1999 FIDE World Championship in Las Vegas in order to
get visas for himself and his cronies into the US.

I believe that when Kirsan addressed the USCF annual meeting in Cherry
Hill NJ in 2002, he had brought or at least attempted to bring some
cronies with him.

These people are on the US State Department Watch List, and therefore
cannot get USA visas by normal means.

If Marcus Roberts could provide some more information, such as the
names of the persons Kirsan was trying to get into Europe, it would be
appreciated.

Old April 28th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.russian,alt.chess

IT could be that lower level operatives or FIDE (Kirsan want to be's)
asked me for the VISA's. I will have to contact my Government for
instructions on Mr. Sloan's request, but it will be treated with the
highest ethical regard. I promise Mr. Sloan an answer.

Suppose Kirsan knew nothing about the VISA fraud offer? Being a
dictator doesn't necessarily make you guilty of the crimes of your
subordinates.

Sincerely

Marcus Roberts
Permanent Delegate of Saint Christopher and Nevis to FIDE