Old May 15th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.chile

Default Letter from Beatriz Marinello to my chess friends in the world

On 12 May 2006 15:55:38 -0700, wrote:

I am deeply offended by the personal attacks, and the fanatical and
irrational comments made by my fellow board members. These statements
speak for themselves. Please do not think that this mentality reflects
the thinking of the USCF members, these are comments coming from
fanatic extremists who do not understand world politics nor are willing
to engage in a democratic and clean campaigning to advance their
political agendas. Furthermore, If the USCF Executive Board moves
forward to cancel my nomination as General Secretary of FIDE Americas,
I will appeal this decision to the General Assembly.

Yours for Chess,

Beatriz Marinello
USCF Executive Board Member
USCF Past President
General Secretary de FIDE Americas
12 de Mayo del 2006

I do not see how Beatriz Marinello can do this and get away with it,
in view of the FIDE by-laws which state the following:

"Eligibility for office pertains only to those persons who belong to a
member-federation.

"No person can be elected to a FIDE-office against the will of his
national federation. This stipulation may be waived by the General
Assembly only in exceptional cases. Federations that are against the
nomination of one of their members for a FIDE office, should raise
their objections to such a nomination before the election."