Old May 15th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Letter from Beatriz Marinello to my chess friends in the world

At 03:24 PM 5/14/2006 EDT, wrote:

Dear Sam,

1. Will the USCF pay for Beatriz Marinello's travel to Italy and her accommodations? Have they already reimbursed her for her air fare? What money was spent in 2004 on Ms, Marinello's visit to the Calvia Olympiad and for other USCF representatives. This is a fundamental question as the men's team took a $2000 pay cut per player. Was the famous dinner ( $2,000 !? bill) in Calvia paid for by USCF members?

2. A fundamental question is what assets should the USCF direct towards sending representatives to FIDE meetings? What sort of benefits might be expected? What is the cost benefit analysis when taking into account the USCF was unable to fund its 2006 Olympic team at the level it did in 1996 and is having to issue an appeal to members?

3. Will the USCF go on record as objecting to Beatriz nomination? See the FIDE statue below - the nomination must be raised before the election.

4. If the USCF does not object (as opposed to just not supporting) and Beatriz is elected, will the USCF pay her way to subsequent meetings of FIDE? Would she be required to represent the USCF policies even though she would not be a USCF delegate or Zonal President - ie. not directly tied to the USCF. Would the USCF have any way of policing this?

Dear John Donaldson,

I just posted your above four questions as my own. I hope that you do
not mind.

I have a question for you:

Regarding point one above, are you aware that the Woman's Team was
paid a bonus of an extra $20,000, as a reward for winning the Silver
medal? This means that Jennifer Shahade was paid an extra $5,000 for
playing just two games, one loss and one draw, against players rated
less than 2200?

Now that you know about it, what do you think about it?