Old May 15th 06, 12:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.iraq

Default Another Amazing Statement by Beatriz Marinello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatriz Marinello
"Beatriz cannot vote for anyone, as she is
not the USCF's Delegate."

This statement is correct, I do not have a vote in the upcoming
Presidential election, only our FIDE Delegate votes on behalf of the
USCF.

The General Secretary position was offer to me, regardless of my
personal opinion on the upcoming election presidential election. Each
Federation has its own criteria to decide on their votes.

I voted to endorse Bessel Kok to support the wishes of my federation.
However, during the discussion I made the point that I believe that
the situation in FIDE is improving.

I consider that has been an error to allow affirmations of corruption
and personal attacks to be use as part of the Bessel Kok campaign,
which by the way do not appear with concrete facts or proves. These
statements has harmed Mr. Kok more than what it has been benefited.
Thinking that the votes of the national Federations will be influenced
by rumors it?fs like underestimating the analytical abilities of our
leaders. Insinuating that they are economic irregularities in ticket
where they appear Mr. Nigel Freeman and David Jarrett is ridiculous
and offensive.

In order to make a good assessment of the situation, it is necessary
to analyze the facts; FIDE is composed by 160 national Federations of
which 100 are developing Federations. It is important to also an
analyze of the contributions that each candidates have made to chess
and history of the development of the chess.

In addition, an other important consideration is in relation to the
aftermath of the presidential election.

My personal position has been in favor of neutrality. I do not
believe in the Bessel Kok FIDE team, on the other hand I would like to
be supportive of my own federation. I have been put under a
tremendous pressure to campaign for Bessel Kok in the Americas, and
when I declared that I remained neutral as I am intending to do, a
motion to force me to take a position was submitted. At the last USCF
Board meeting, the emotions run high.

I would like to request to the board and the USCF members to respect
and accept my position of neutrality. The USA is a free country, many
of us came here to escape from repression and undemocratic regimes. I
grow up in a dictatorship, I never had a chance to vote until I became
US Citizen in the year 2000. I am loyal to my federation, but I
cannot go against my personal believes.

Beatriz Marinello
Another amazing statement by Beatriz Marinello. Here are some tidbits:

"the situation in FIDE is improving.". The Situation in FIDE has been
on a downhill slope ever since 1995 when Kirsan became President of
FIDE. You think if there is a slight upturn (none is apparent) that
makes everything OK.

"affirmations of corruption". It is an established fact that Kirsan
Ilyumzhinov was in Baghdad with Saddam Hussein during the lead-up to
the attack on Iraq. Kirsan flew out of Baghdad on the last airplane to
leave Iraq just hours before the bombing started. This was a special
flight arranged by Saddam Hussein to get Kirsan out of Iraq before the
USA attacked. It is known that the money Kirsan provided to finance
the chess matches was laundered money from Saddam Hussein's Oil for
Food program. These are not merely allegations. These are facts.

Ever since the fall of Saddam Hussein, Kirsan has provided no money
for chess.

"FIDE is composed by 160 national Federations of which 100 are
developing Federations." This is an important point. Rwanda, Uganda,
and Mozambique who support Kirsan, have the same votes as England,
Germany and France who support Bessel Kok. FIDE needs a security
council like the UN has to stop tiny insignificant countries from
out-voting the serious chess playing countries.

"It is important to also an analyze of the contributions that each
candidates have made to chess and history of the development of the
chess."

This one is easy. Bessel Kok has been the biggest and most successful
chess organizer in Europe for more than 25 years. Kirsan Ilyumzhinov
had no involvement in chess and nobody had ever heard of him until he
suddenly appeared on the scene in 1995 as part of a deal to get rid of
Campomanes.

"The USA is a free country". Exactly. Right now, USCF membership dues
are being spent to pay for your trip to Italy. We should be free not
to give you our money.

Old May 15th 06, 12:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.iraq

Marinello is talking about personal attacks from Kok's campaign? What a
statement coming from a dyke who supports Hanke, Booz, Dubeck and
Doyle!!! Marinello just doesn't know when to stop her filthy lies!
Don't ever trust her!!

Old May 15th 06, 01:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Sam Sloan wrote:

[...]

Sam Sloan

Beatriz is an amazing woman. I love her to death and I fully support
her decision to back Ilyumzhinov. It's important to her to have a FIDE
position and she deserves to get it. Schultz, Channing and Goichberg
should resign at once for attacking a beautiful woman like Beatriz.

Old May 15th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.iraq

Beatriz should be USCF President again. She's the best President ever!

Old May 16th 06, 05:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.iraq
Rob Rob is offline

ZITO ALERT

Old May 18th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.iraq

Beatriz is an amazing woman. I love her to death and I fully support
her decision to back Ilyumzhinov. It's important to her to have a FIDE
position and she deserves to get it. Schultz, Channing and Goichberg
should resign at once for attacking a beautiful woman like Beatriz. She
made a lot of money for the USCF by signing the Natrol deal. Beatriz
should be USCF President again. She's the best President ever!