Old May 23rd 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.chile

Default Letter by Beatriz Marinello to FIDE and to the Confederation of Chess for the Americas

Beatriz Marinello

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:05 am
Dear All:

I would to thank those USCF members who contributed with their views
and opinions on this controversial situation.

Last night, the following e-mail was sent to the FIDE and CCA offices:

"
Please be informed that I have been instructed by Bill Goichburg (US
Chess Federation President) to inform you that Beatriz Marinello does
NOT have the endorsement of the United States of America Chess
Federation to be elected to the position of the General Secretary of
the Americas in FIDE.

This action is based upon a motion and vote of the Executive Board of
the USCF on 8 May 2006 and Ms. Marinello's response. As such it is our
understanding that given her USA affiliation, she is not eligible to
be elected to the above position.

We would appreciate an aknowledgement at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

Robert B. Tanner
Secretary, USCF
President, FIDE Zone 2.1'

The reply from the CCA office was a as follows:

"Mr. Robert B Tanner
USCF Secretary
President, Zone 2.1

Dear Mr. Tanner,

I hereby acknowlege receipt of your self explanatory mail.

Although the office of CCA General Secretary is not a FIDE office but
of CCA itself I respect the USCF Board decision.

No person can be elected against the will of his own Federation,
however the Genereral Assembly can decide on any appeal made under
exeptional circunstances

Truly Yours

Jorge Vega
Continental President"

After reading many of the posting, I believe its necessary to clarify
some of the points.

1. Yes, I am running for the FIDE Americas General Secretary's
position. Its also important to mention that I have been performing
this role for the last four years. In other words, I am running for a
reelection.

2. I did not threat the board in any way, I just mentioned that they
were burning all the bridges and I would not be surprised if the USCF
loses all meaningful positions in FIDE, including Bill Kalleher's
position in the Executive Board, as a result of this board's actions.
Everything was recorder.

3. I also have a file of e-mails exchanges which many of them include
e-mails posted in the binfo system and many other which were labeled
confidential. These e-mails confirm that I was forcefully requested to
campaign for Bessel Kok.

4. The main issue was that I was not willing to campaign for Bessel
Kok in the Americas. In the tape its also recorder that Bill Goichberg
said that if I was not going to do it, there was no benefit for the
USCF to have a position in the board of FIDE Americas.

5. I understand, I have enemies after all, when I was President I made
some necessary decisions to improve the USCF finances that impacted
some people's finances and business dealings with the USCF. However, I
must refresh people's memory on my role in saving the USCF, and the
fact that while I was President for a period of two years, the USCF
showed a profit of over a $1,250.000.-

Prior to becoming President in August of 2003, the USCF lost about
$2,000.000.- in seven consecutive years. This fiscal year, once again
the USCF will show numbers in the red.

6. Regardless of the outcome of this dispute, I suppose to attend the
FIDE Congress since I am still the General Secretary of FIDE Americas
until the next elections are held. The issue of my expenses its not
important to me, obviously I am willing to dedicate time, money and
energy to this organization as a volunteer. Board members are elected
officials. Therefore, I can simply reimburse the USCF for my travel
expenses.

7. An important point is that the elections in CCA (The Confederation
of Chess for the Americas) are totally separate from the FIDE
Presidential's election.

Finally, I would like to mention that yes, I am a very independent
thinker. My current position remains the same, I am not in any way
involve in campaigning nor supporting any candidate for FIDE
President. Therefore, I declare myself neutral in the FIDE
Presidential Election, but I am still fully committed to developing
chess in our continent from Canada to Argentina.

The USCF more than anything needs allies (friends), this whole affair
is having a very negative impact in our relations with other countries
in the region. I am not saying this with animosity, I just want for
people to understand that we are not alone and we cannot try to force
our ways in other countries. You gain friends and influence people by
showing mutual respect and building relationships. This board actions
will isolate the USCF from the other national federations in the
region.

I have receiving so many letters of support from people from all over
the world, many of them are now reading the posting in this forum and
other websites in the USA. People are very surprised about what comes
from freedom of speech and the kind of personal insults that I have to
put up with most of them coming from my enemies covering themselves
under anonymous names..

The current board is proposing to reform FIDE, I think that we should
begin with reforming and unifying the USCF. I have many friends and
very loyal supporters, people who are quietly working for chess in
their communities. All these attacks they just contribute to a more
polarize situation here at home.

I am a USA Citizen, born in Chile. I am an AMERICAN!!

Yours for Chess,

Beatriz Marinello
Old May 23rd 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.chile

I am willing to dedicate time, money and energy to this organization as a
volunteer. Board members are elected officials. Therefore, I can simply
reimburse the USCF for my travel expenses. Beatriz Marinello

In other words, she is going over there on the USCF's credit cards and
"paying them back LATER." MUCH LATER. Likely never.

What a scumbag.

Old May 24th 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.chile

Bitch! Scumbag! Dyke! Whore! Asshole! = Marinello, Beatriz

Old May 24th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.chile

am a USA Citizen, born in Chile. I am an AMERICAN!!

Yours for Chess,

Beatriz Marinello

Then please keep yourself in America and out of the affairs of other
nations. You are a disgrace to your nation and your race. We will not
deal with you in any way, shape, or fashion.

Marcus Roberts
Presdient
Charleston Chess Association
St Kitts and Nevis

Old May 24th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.chile

[email protected] Beatriz Marinello
Then please keep yourself in America and out of the affairs of other

nations. You are a disgrace to your nation and your race. We will not deal
with you in any way, shape, or fashion.

Well said!

Old May 25th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.chile

Look who's talking - Marcus LOVES to meddle in affairs of other
nations. He BOUGHT a citizenship in St. Kitts & Nevis just so he
could pretend he is a FIDE delegate. Go take a flying leap, fat boy.

Old May 25th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.chile

"Chess Freak" Look who's talking - Marcus LOVES to meddle in affairs of
other
nations. He BOUGHT a citizenship in St. Kitts & Nevis just so he could

pretend he is a FIDE delegate. Go take a flying leap, fat boy.

don't put down Marcus. he is our token member of this ng. He also claims
that he is hung like a horse.

Sam allegedly made a special trip to St. Kitts while researching his book
about Thomas Jefferson's slave children. He told Marcus that he could
identify the Jefferson DNA from the taste of a black man's sperm.

Did you pass the test Marcus?

Old May 25th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.chile

Joined: 08 Mar 2004
Location: Brooklyn, New York

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Edit/Delete this post Delete this post
WPraeder wrote:
Sam,

Yes, a new system which included a four year term did start in 1999. In
this case I did suggest a total of two terms not just two consecutive
terms.

Some believe that those who control or impact the USCF may not always
be exactly the same group as those who are currently executive board
members. Please consider your behavior may have an impact on keeping
people from leaving the organization. Note, the successful person's
definition of insanity is "Doing the same thing over and over again
but expecting different results." Food for thought.

Regards,
Wayne Praeder

I cannot understand your point and I doubt that anybody else can
understand your point either.

What is now obvious is that you are simply attacking people whom you
dislike, namely Bill Goichberg and Don Schultz, because they are the
only people who could reasonably be affected by your latest onslought.

Bill Goichberg is now President. He was elected Vice-President in 1996
in a term which lasted until 1999. He also served one term on the board
back in the 1970s but I forget exactly when.

Don Schultz is now Vice-President. He was President from 1996 to 1999.
He also had one prior term on the board. I believe it was about 1990 to
1993.

Since the new reforms of 1999 which allowed people to run for
re-election for the first time (with the exception of the Secretary),
the following people have been elected and then resigned without
completing their term of office: Doris Barry, John McCrary, Frank
Camaratta, Frank Brady, Tim Hanke, Greg Shahade and two others. Several
others have basically dropped out while serving out their term, such as
Garrett Scott.

I used to be severely critical of Don Schultz. Now I realize that he is
one of the few good guys.

I used to strongly support Bill Goichberg. Now I think he is in water
over his head.

Last year, Wayne Praeder filed an ethics complaint against Don Schultz.
This complaint was utterly without basis. Schultz had done noithing
remotely unethical.

However, Beatriz controlled the board and this ethics complaint
appeared to provide the pretext to remove Don Schultz from office and
to move the ballot count from New Windsor to Crossville where Beatriz
could stuff the ballot box.

To avoid this from happening, Don Schultz made a deal. He agreed to
step aside subject to the condition that the votes be counted in New
Windsor where an honest vote count could be assured.

Fortunately, the good guys won the election and the Beatriz group was
voted out.

The point is that by his meritless ethics complaint Wayne Praeder
created a crisis. Therefore, I do not believe that he has the
high-minded principles he claims to have.