Old May 23rd 06, 01:21 PM posted to soc.history.war.us-revolution,alt.history.colonial,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

Default I am annoyed by people using my research on Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings

Sam Sloan wrote:
I am constantly annoyed by people using the results of my research on
Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings and their Slave Children without
giving me credit for it. Here is one example:

Yeah, that happens to me all the time. Really ticks me off. It's
happened to many of my friends, too. We're forming a support group:
Victims of People Using the Results of our Research on Thomas Jefferson
and Sally Hemings and their Slave Children.

In 1995, I was living with Arden Van Upp at 2550 Webster Street in San
Francisco on Pacific Heights. Arden compiled a weekly directory of
parties and events which she sold online.

Arden informed me of an event that was taking place at the San
Francisco Bar Association where an expert on the life of Thomas
Jefferson would perform an imitation of Thomas Jefferson. Since I had
written and published a book entitled "The Slave Children of Thomas
Jefferson", Arden recommended that I attend this event, which I did.

The performance was given by a man named Jacobson. He dressed in a
costume of the type that Thomas Jefferson wore, he wore the same type
of shoes that Thomas Jefferson wore and he spoke in the manner and
style of Thomas Jefferson. He was asked questions as though he
actually was Thomas Jefferson and gave the answers that he felt that
Thomas Jefferson would have given had he been there.

The audience was impressive. Included were a number of prominent
members of the San Francisco Bar plus the Judge Montali, the very
judge on the Arden Van Upp Bankruptcy case. I introduced myself to
Judge Montali and explained to him that although I always sat in the
back row of his courtroom, I was the one actually running the case and
telling the highly paid lawyers what to do.

However, my questions to Jacobson revealed that he knew nothing, zero,
about Thomas Jefferson's relations with his slaves. Finally, I showed
Mr. Jacobson a copy of my book, which I had brought with me.

Mr. Jacobson seemed interested in my book and said that he wanted to
buy it. I told him that the price was $15. He said that he did not
have the money with him, but he would send me the money in the mail.
Based upon this promise, I gave him the book and also gave him my
address to which he could send me the fifteen dollars.

I never heard from Mr. Jacobson again. He never sent me the $15.

Sam, it's a cruel world we live in. Back in 1971 I loaned a guy named
Rick 10 bucks. He's never paid me back! By now, with inflation,
interest and penalties, that jerk owes me a bundle! If you see him,
tell him to pay up!

Old May 23rd 06, 03:43 PM posted to soc.history.war.us-revolution,alt.history.colonial,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

"Taylor Kingston" Sam, it's a cruel world we live in. Back in 1971 I
loaned a guy named Rick 10 bucks. He's never paid me back!

Any time somebody says that they will pay you back later, they never do.
When somebody says that they want to buy my book, but they don't have any
money, I say, "OK, so suck my cock real good and you can have it for free."

No doubt Jacobson would have blown you, as he sounds like a real corksucker.
Ken Burns is an over-rated piece of **** too. His documentary about baseball
was ripped off from several books I had read, and Burns basically takes all
the credit and then cites his sources in microscopic fashion.