Old June 4th 06, 12:37 PM posted to alt.chess

Default Dan Brown DID NOT write The Da Vinci Code! ( VICTORY forChristians ! )

What the hell?

First, I don't think I've heard/read such paranoid, intolerant, inflammatory claptrap in this century (I restrain my remarks on the current American political administration)! And what are you going to do if Dan Brown and his "co-conspirators" don't accede to your demands? The date has come and gone, the movie is out and, I hear, doing well. Furthermore, the novel (HELLO? NOVEL? Work of FICTION?) presents Jesus in a very positive light, ditto Mary Magdalene, nad as for Judas - I have never understood why the Church (the gang who REALLY suffers from their depiction in the novel) condemned Judas for doing his part in fulfilling the prophecy, as much as Jesus presumeably did in being crucified. Judas was his best friend - don't you think it broke his heart to have to do that? And I'm not convinced that he hanged himself - Oh, he hanged, but I don't think it was his idea - I have no trouble believing that he fell by the hands of mindless simpletons, jackasses and zealots. I wonder how you and yours are taking this business of the "Gospel of Judas", by the way?

Second - WHY IN FLAMIN' HECK IS THIS IN A CHESS GROUP?!?!?!?! This was my first visit, and if this is what I ahve to look forward to, I might just go back to reading Morphy, to say nothing of supporting Dan Simmons and his work in every way I can.

One hopes God will deliver us from evil ****heads like you and the Jesuit Secret Service... And if you have anything to remonstrate with me about, please spare these good people and email me privately.

KCL