Old June 9th 06, 01:09 AM posted to alt.chess

Default Faust vs. the Devil painting?

Hi,

I've heard the story about a painting of Faust playing chess with the
devil. In the story, Faust puts his soul on the line, so to speak.
Supposedly, the painting shows that the devil has Faust in checkmate.
Anyway, long story short, I believe that there is no painting.

Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
PlainDave