Old June 18th 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

Default Marcus Roberts reversed the credit card charges for his USCF Life Membership !!!!

Marcus Roberts reversed the credit card charges for his USCF Life
Membership !!!!

Grant Perks, the USCF In-House Accountant and also a candidate for
election to the USCF Executive Board, has posted the startling news
that Marcus Roberts purchased a Life Membership for himself and
regular memberships for nine other people but then subsequently
reversed all the credit card charges for these ten memberships.

Perks says that nevertheless Marcus Roberts and his nine friends have
all received ballots for the current election. Perks wants these ten
ballots to be declared invalid and not counted.

This revelation raises so many questions I cannot even list them all.
First, I do not think that Marcus Roberts or anybody else should be
allowed to reverse credit card charges for a USCF Membership,
particularly where, as here, an election is involved.

Secondly, Grant Perks became aware of this situation by working in the
Crossville Office of the USCF. The other candidates, with the
exception of Ernie Schlich, do not work for the USCF and therefore
would never have known about this.

Judging by the postings by Marcus Roberts on the Internet, it is most
unlikely that Marcus Roberts would vote for Grant Perks or for any
other current USCF employee. Since this election is likely to be
close, Grant Perks is understandably concerned about losing these ten
votes and therefore has complained.

Marcus Roberts is still listed on the USCF website as a Life Member of
the USCF.

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?12421655

Here is the posting by Grant Perks on this subject:

"I understand that 10 or more ballots were sent to individuals
who should not be considered current members. Apparently an electronic
credit card payment by Marcus Roberts for his life membership as well
as annual memberships for 9 other residents of Florida was backcharged
by American Express at Mr. Roberts's request in March 2006. The USCF
did not correct the membership records for Mr. Roberts, and I assume
they did not correct the membership records of the other 9
individuals.

"In my opinion, the USCF office should review their backcharge
and credit card reversal transactions for the past twelve months to
identify any potential individuals that should be denied voting
privileges. Once identified, the ballots of those individuals should
not be counted in the state delegate election nor special board
election.

"Best,
"Grant Perks"
Old June 18th 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

wrote:

Sam Sloan wrote:
[...]

At the present time, I have only gotten ONE BALLOT. The ballot was
FLAWED. The ballot was so FLAWED I decided to VOTE FOR SLOAN. The
Delegates in Floirda got 12 votes, but the state assocaition only sent
10 names. I sat on the USCF bylaws committee, and the BALLOT WAS A
FRAUD FOR THE DELEGATES IN FLORIDA. I do not understand how to
correctly fill out of the ballot, so, in the case of Al Gore,

"VOTE OFTEN"

Grant has no authoirty under the USCF bylaws to reverse the vote. MY
VOTE WAS FOR SLOAN.

In the case where the ballots are this screwed up, Sloan is the best
candidate. Sloan's legal knolwedge is needed becasue I have no
confidence that people know how to correctly vote.

Marcus Roberts

And do you suck Sloan's 3 inch smelly disgusting dick too? I bet you
and your ten boyfriends just love sucking his dick. His wife does it
everyday for her visa. What do you do it for? Enjoy his cum you scum!

Old June 18th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

Marcus Roberts should be forced to eat 20 pounds of hot greasy onion
rings from the Varsity near Georgia Tech.

Old Haasie

Old June 18th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

Outrageous. Mike Nolan has just censored this entire discussion on the
USCF member forum at http://www.uschess.org/forums

The topic dealing with Marcus Roberts is inappropriate for this forum
as it discusses confidential USCF membership information, so it has
been removed from public view.

Mike Nolan

Old June 18th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

Sam Sloan wrote:
Outrageous. Mike Nolan has just censored this entire discussion on the
USCF member forum at http://www.uschess.org/forums

The topic dealing with Marcus Roberts is inappropriate for this forum
as it discusses confidential USCF membership information, so it has
been removed from public view.

Mike Nolan

I am shocked. I am a former OFFICER of the USCF. When I cast an illegal
ballot in a unfair, flawed election, it is news that should be
discussed. Sam Sloan isn't a perfect person. However, neither am I
perfect. Sam Sloan has my VOTE, and I proud to vote for a candidate who
is CENSORED becasue of writing about news that I generate.

I respect your right to disagree with me. Trying to hide this
information from the voting USCF membership is a sign of a organization
in desperate need of reform.

Nolan is crazy. Mike Nolan has gone well beyond his role as a volenteer
director into somthing like a CHESS NAZI.

Marcus Roberts

Old June 19th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
Outrageous. Mike Nolan has just censored this entire discussion on the
USCF member forum at http://www.uschess.org/forums

The topic dealing with Marcus Roberts is inappropriate for this forum
as it discusses confidential USCF membership information, so it has
been removed from public view.

This is the rule of the Negative Instance. Should anyone press Mike Nolan
what is allowable on the forum he will refer you to rules [which are
procedures], but what he does is to ban topics.

In this instance Bill Hall refunded membership to Marcus Robert's card some
3 months ago - yet somehow he actually recieved a ballot!

How many other instances are their? We will never learn about if the ballot
is inadvertently stuffed, since a contractor has deemed it 'inappropriate' -
but to what?

What would happen if there was no inadvertance to the ballot stuffing? Would
incumbent Don Shultz tell anyone? Who? He certainly could not be able to do
so at his own website's forum, jovially known as NolanLand.

PI

Old June 19th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

In this instance Bill Hall refunded membership to Marcus Robert's card some
3 months ago - yet somehow he actually recieved a ballot!\

USCF Executive Director Bill Hall never refunded the money. Hall
acccused me of a felony for making a charge in which I intended to make
at the time (I intended to log onto the tournament directors web site,
which Chess Congressman and NAZI Mike Nolan banned me from that USCF
web site). American Express sent Hall a letter asking him why he was
disputing the charge.

HALL NEVER RESPONDED. I WON THE DISPUTE BY DEFAULT.

The man went to MIT, what a genuis! Hall managed to **** off me and
American Express at the same time. American Express complains to me, 15
YEARS LATER, about USCF disputes with members as a former officer.
American Express has begged me for help in dealing with these crazy
chess players with their CRAZY disputes.

Hall made a crazy claim, and American Express agrees.

Marcus Roberts

Old June 19th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

Dear bylaws chairman Winston and Nolan,

As the president of a national chess federation potentially in
litigation with FIDE, I try to avoid interfering in another nation's
chess politics. However, the refusal of FIDE to allow us to play in the
2006 World Chess Championship and the USCF's unwillingness to help a
former corporate officer and leader of chess in a sovereign nation play
in the 2006 World Chess Championship caused me to vote in this year's
election for Sam Sloan. After his article about my VOTE was, according
to Mr. Sloan, deleted from the USCF web site by USCF Delegate and
hatchet man Mike Nolan. Sloan has my full support in any litigation he
files against the USCF. This denial of first amendment rights to
membership is one reason I started this revolution and a new FIDE
nation on St Kitts and Nevis. I simply do not share your values.

As a matter of law, Bill Hall never responded to the American Express
dispute concerning a life membership for me and 10 additional 1 year
memberships. As a result, the BALLOT IS VALID. Had Hall actually
credited my American Express account, the vote would be invalid.
Hall's poor quality of work as Executive Director gives SLOAN a claim
to 11 votes. I have mailed the ballot, and the other 10 people wish to
vote for Sloan also. Legally, if Hall were to write back to American
Express and win the dispute, I would owe the money and have the votes.
Hall's failure to respond in a timely fashion gives Sloan a claim to
the votes.

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. SLOAN IS OWED 10 MORE
VOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I conclude that if Sloan loses by 11 votes or less, we are going to
have a case in the US Supreme Court. Also, Mr. Sloan might note that he
can also sue in Switzerland. The Court for the Arbitration of Sport in
Lasurane, Switzerland also potentially has jurisdiction over this
matter.

Please mail us the 10 more ballots.

Sincerely,

Marcus Roberts

President

Charleston Chess Association, LLC

Permanent Delegate of St Kitts and Nevis to FIDE (unaccredited)

St Kitts and Nevis

The West Indies

Old June 19th 06, 10:47 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

Posted at the USCF Forums at http://www.uschess.org/forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan
The topic dealing with Marcus Roberts is inappropriate
for this forum as it discusses confidential USCF membership
information, so it has been removed from public
view.
Confidential to whom? Confidential to Marcus Roberts or
confidential to Bill Hall and the USCF office staff?

Marcus Roberts has been blasting this all over the Internet so he is
clearly not seeking confidentiality.

He seems to be claiming that Bill Hall rejected him as a USCF member.
He claims that he is entitled to the ten votes which he paid for. He
apparently wants to use these ten votes for Florida State Delegate
where ten votes would certainly make a difference.

In any case, I do not see how this is a confidential matter when all
USCF membership information is posted at http://www.uschess.org/msa

This entite matter very likely could affect the results of the
election and therefore should be out in the open.