Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old June 23rd 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.chess
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 1,558
Default Grant Perks is only a "Paid Consultant" according to Mike Nolan

On 23 Jun 2006 04:54:32 -0700, "Grant Perks" wrote:


samsloan wrote:
wrote:
Sam Sloan wrote:
GrantPerks wrote:

"As has pointed out to you on numerous occasions, she wasn't
paid $11,000 during that time it was substantially less and included
several board meetings and trips to Tennessee. Her total reimbursement
during the year was $13,926.00."

I am glad that you have admitted that Beatriz Marinello paid herself
$13,926.00 during 2005.

Sam, you've done it again. Grant states this payment was a
reimbursement of expenses incurred and NOT a payment for services
rendered.

God, you can be thickheaded sometimes.

- Mike Petersen


Grant is wrong, and that is one reason why he should not be elected.
Typically board members claim around $200 per year in expenses. Rachael
Lieberman sometimes charged as much as $500, but that was because she
was USCF Secretary and used a lot of tapes, paper, printer ink and the
like. Why don't you ask your friend Don Schultz? He will tell you that
most board members covered their own expenses and if they did ask for
reimbursemernt of expenses it was not more than a few hundred dollars.

To make a claim for reimbursement of expenses, one is required to
submit documents such as hotel bills etc. Beatriz Marinello did not do
that. Indeed, she just wrote checks to herself even before spending the
money. For example, she wrote a check to herself on March 1, 2005,
supposedly to cover her future expenses for the month of March.

There is no way that she can justify the expenditure of $13,926.00. She
is just a criminal, and nothing more or less than that. That $13,926.00
was just to cover a five month period from January through May, 2005,
or about $2,800 per month. Nobody knows how much more money she took
outside of those five months.

Sam Sloan


From page 6 of the 2005 Delegate's Call under the caption "Vounteer

Expense Report":

Tim Hanke $1,586
Don Schultz 3,513
Elizabeth Shaughnessy 1,691
Steve Shutt 906

Significantly more that $200 for each of these board members. While I
am not trying to justify Beatriz's amount, she was the board president
during the time the USCF was in the process of moving locations. This
did require her to visit both Crossville and New Windsor.

Sam, what part of "total reimbursement for the year" tells you that
this was for a five month period and wasn't a complete accounting for
the entire year?



PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:12 am Post subject: Reply with
quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post
GrantPerks wrote:
samsloan wrote:


Typically board members claim around $200 per year in expenses....Most
board members covered their own expenses and if they did ask for
reimbursemernt of expenses it was not more than a few hundred dollars.


From page 6 of the 2005 Delegate's Call under the caption "Vounteer
Expense Report":

Tim Hanke $1,586
Don Schultz 3,513
Elizabeth Shaughnessy 1,691
Steve Shutt 906

Significantly more that $200 for each of these board members. While I
am not trying to justify Beatriz's amount, she was the board president
during the time the USCF was in the process of moving locations. This
did require her to visit both Crossville and New Windsor.

samsloan wrote:

That $13,926.00 was just to cover a five month period from January
through May, 2005, or about $2,800 per month. Nobody knows how much
more money she took outside of those five months.


Sam, what part of "total reimbursement for the year" tells you that
this was for a five month period and wasn't a complete accounting for
the entire year?
Right, those were expenses charged to the USCF in 2005 while Beatriz
Marinello was president.

Now, go back to previous years and see and tell us how much the board
members claimed during previous presidencies while John McCrary was
president, while Bob Smith was president and while Don Schultz was
president.

You will find that $200 per year was just about right. under those
presidencies.

Also, the decision by Beatriz to move the USCF office to Crossville
Tennessee can be seen as a scheme to line her own pockets because of
the large amounts of money she was going to charge the USCF for her
"services" in moving the office.

Please note that Frank Brady, who was also a board member during this
time, claimed zero.

Also, Beartiz did not go through the required procedure of submitting
bills, receipts and invoices and waiting for reimbursement. She
submitted no documentation. She just appointed herself Chief Operating
Officer and wrote checks to herself in advance, or she had her loyal
CFO Grant Perks who I just remembered was working under her directoin
at this time pay her the money in advance.

I hope that that guy in Florida is paying you well so that you will be
able to pay back to the USCF all the money you improperly paid to
Beatriz Marinello while you were CFO.

Sam Sloan
  #2   Report Post  
Old June 23rd 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.chess
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 1,558
Default Grant Perks is only a "Paid Consultant" according to Mike Nolan

On 23 Jun 2006 06:05:37 -0700, "Tom Martinak"
wrote:

Now, go back to previous years and see and tell us how much the board
members claimed during previous presidencies while John McCrary was
president, while Bob Smith was president and while Don Schultz was
president.


For the Delegates Calls that I have:

The 2001 Delegates Call, page 17 for fiscal year ending 5/31/01:

Redman 2163.02
Pechac 298
Smith 2251.47
Barry 2449.76
Ippolito 603.65
Warren 1166.29
Scott 1287.94


The 2002 Delegates Call, page 15 for fiscal year ending 5/31/02:

Redman 2096.95
Pechac 212.35
Barry 1118.94
Ippolito 416.99
Warren 821.54
Camaratta 764.12


The 2003 Delegates Call, page 53 for fiscal year ending 5/31/03:

Camaratta 421
Smith 602.50


The 2004 Delegates Call, page 10 for fiscal year ending 5/31/04:

Marinello 2176.62
Schultz 223
Camaratta 1711.73
Hanke 482.50

- Tom Martinak


Thank you very much Tom Martinak for this very useful and helpful
information.

Now, kindly note that the figures above are for those board members
who claimed reimbursement. There were seven members on the board and
several never asked for reimbursement.

Joihn McCrary, who was USCF President 2001-2004, never asked for
reimbursement.

Frank Brady, who was on the board four years 2001-2005, never asked
for reimbursement.

Sveve Shutt, who served a full four year term 2001-2005 (the only
board member ever to do so) never asked for reimbursement until his
final year in office.

Now compare these figures with the $13,926.00 that Beartiz Marinello
took essentially as an advance on salary (because she took the money
before, not after incurring these "expenses") while her loyal
House-Accountant Grant Perks was her CFO in 2005

Sam Sloan
  #3   Report Post  
Old June 23rd 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.chess
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 324
Default Grant Perks is only a "Paid Consultant" according to Mike Nolan


Sam Sloan wrote:
On 23 Jun 2006 06:05:37 -0700, "Tom Martinak"
wrote:

Now, go back to previous years and see and tell us how much the board
members claimed during previous presidencies while John McCrary was
president, while Bob Smith was president and while Don Schultz was
president.


For the Delegates Calls that I have:

The 2001 Delegates Call, page 17 for fiscal year ending 5/31/01:

Redman 2163.02
Pechac 298
Smith 2251.47
Barry 2449.76
Ippolito 603.65
Warren 1166.29
Scott 1287.94


The 2002 Delegates Call, page 15 for fiscal year ending 5/31/02:

Redman 2096.95
Pechac 212.35
Barry 1118.94
Ippolito 416.99
Warren 821.54
Camaratta 764.12


The 2003 Delegates Call, page 53 for fiscal year ending 5/31/03:

Camaratta 421
Smith 602.50


The 2004 Delegates Call, page 10 for fiscal year ending 5/31/04:

Marinello 2176.62
Schultz 223
Camaratta 1711.73
Hanke 482.50

- Tom Martinak


Thank you very much Tom Martinak for this very useful and helpful
information.

Now, kindly note that the figures above are for those board members
who claimed reimbursement. There were seven members on the board and
several never asked for reimbursement.


Sloans gets caught in a lie and, rather than admit it, tries to weasel
out. Here is what he actually wrote:

Grant is wrong, and that is one reason why he should not be elected.
Typically board members claim around $200 per year in expenses. Rachael
Lieberman sometimes charged as much as $500, but that was because she
was USCF Secretary and used a lot of tapes, paper, printer ink and the
like.


As Tom's numbers show, board members do not "typically" "claim around
$200 per year in expenses." Further, those who claim no expenses (as
was the case for me in the year I served) do not "typically" "claim
around $200 per year in expenses" either. He's wrong on both counts,
and somehow, in his screwed up brain, claims he is correct.

Support Grant, who understands facts, and reject Sloan, who makes it up
as he goes along.

Randy Bauer

  #4   Report Post  
Old June 23rd 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.chess
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 1,558
Default Grant Perks is only a "Paid Consultant" according to Mike Nolan

On 23 Jun 2006 08:53:48 -0700, "Randy Bauer"
wrote:


Sam Sloan wrote:
On 23 Jun 2006 06:05:37 -0700, "Tom Martinak"
wrote:

Now, go back to previous years and see and tell us how much the board
members claimed during previous presidencies while John McCrary was
president, while Bob Smith was president and while Don Schultz was
president.

For the Delegates Calls that I have:

The 2001 Delegates Call, page 17 for fiscal year ending 5/31/01:

Redman 2163.02
Pechac 298
Smith 2251.47
Barry 2449.76
Ippolito 603.65
Warren 1166.29
Scott 1287.94


The 2002 Delegates Call, page 15 for fiscal year ending 5/31/02:

Redman 2096.95
Pechac 212.35
Barry 1118.94
Ippolito 416.99
Warren 821.54
Camaratta 764.12


The 2003 Delegates Call, page 53 for fiscal year ending 5/31/03:

Camaratta 421
Smith 602.50


The 2004 Delegates Call, page 10 for fiscal year ending 5/31/04:

Marinello 2176.62
Schultz 223
Camaratta 1711.73
Hanke 482.50

- Tom Martinak


Thank you very much Tom Martinak for this very useful and helpful
information.

Now, kindly note that the figures above are for those board members
who claimed reimbursement. There were seven members on the board and
several never asked for reimbursement.


Sloans gets caught in a lie and, rather than admit it, tries to weasel
out. Here is what he actually wrote:

Grant is wrong, and that is one reason why he should not be elected.
Typically board members claim around $200 per year in expenses. Rachael
Lieberman sometimes charged as much as $500, but that was because she
was USCF Secretary and used a lot of tapes, paper, printer ink and the
like.


As Tom's numbers show, board members do not "typically" "claim around
$200 per year in expenses." Further, those who claim no expenses (as
was the case for me in the year I served) do not "typically" "claim
around $200 per year in expenses" either. He's wrong on both counts,
and somehow, in his screwed up brain, claims he is correct.

Support Grant, who understands facts, and reject Sloan, who makes it up
as he goes along.

Randy Bauer


Tom only provided the figures from 2001 forward. That was when Redman,
McCrary and Beatriz were president. I said look at the years when Bob
Smith and Don Schultz were president and you will see that I am right.

Now look at 2003 when McCrary was president. Only $1023.50 for the
entire board for the entire year. Now, look at the previous year when
Redman was only finishing up his one year term (please note that the
fiscal year ends in May whereas the presidential year ends in August.
The figure of Redman 2096.95 represents the money Redman claimed for
just May to August 2001, which was reported in the 2002 Delegates
call.)

Now, go back to 1999 when the board consisted of Dorsch, Eade, Adams,
Schultz, Goiichberg and Lieberman and you will see that all of them
came in at either zero or under $200 except for Lieberman who rightly
charged her secretarial expenses.

Sam Sloan
  #5   Report Post  
Old June 23rd 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.chess
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 324
Default Grant Perks is only a "Paid Consultant" according to Mike Nolan


Sam Sloan wrote:
On 23 Jun 2006 08:53:48 -0700, "Randy Bauer"
wrote:


Sam Sloan wrote:
On 23 Jun 2006 06:05:37 -0700, "Tom Martinak"
wrote:

Now, go back to previous years and see and tell us how much the board
members claimed during previous presidencies while John McCrary was
president, while Bob Smith was president and while Don Schultz was
president.

For the Delegates Calls that I have:

The 2001 Delegates Call, page 17 for fiscal year ending 5/31/01:

Redman 2163.02
Pechac 298
Smith 2251.47
Barry 2449.76
Ippolito 603.65
Warren 1166.29
Scott 1287.94


The 2002 Delegates Call, page 15 for fiscal year ending 5/31/02:

Redman 2096.95
Pechac 212.35
Barry 1118.94
Ippolito 416.99
Warren 821.54
Camaratta 764.12


The 2003 Delegates Call, page 53 for fiscal year ending 5/31/03:

Camaratta 421
Smith 602.50


The 2004 Delegates Call, page 10 for fiscal year ending 5/31/04:

Marinello 2176.62
Schultz 223
Camaratta 1711.73
Hanke 482.50

- Tom Martinak

Thank you very much Tom Martinak for this very useful and helpful
information.

Now, kindly note that the figures above are for those board members
who claimed reimbursement. There were seven members on the board and
several never asked for reimbursement.


Sloans gets caught in a lie and, rather than admit it, tries to weasel
out. Here is what he actually wrote:

Grant is wrong, and that is one reason why he should not be elected.
Typically board members claim around $200 per year in expenses. Rachael
Lieberman sometimes charged as much as $500, but that was because she
was USCF Secretary and used a lot of tapes, paper, printer ink and the
like.


As Tom's numbers show, board members do not "typically" "claim around
$200 per year in expenses." Further, those who claim no expenses (as
was the case for me in the year I served) do not "typically" "claim
around $200 per year in expenses" either. He's wrong on both counts,
and somehow, in his screwed up brain, claims he is correct.

Support Grant, who understands facts, and reject Sloan, who makes it up
as he goes along.

Randy Bauer


Tom only provided the figures from 2001 forward. That was when Redman,
McCrary and Beatriz were president. I said look at the years when Bob
Smith and Don Schultz were president and you will see that I am right.



Now look at 2003 when McCrary was president. Only $1023.50 for the
entire board for the entire year. Now, look at the previous year when
Redman was only finishing up his one year term (please note that the
fiscal year ends in May whereas the presidential year ends in August.
The figure of Redman 2096.95 represents the money Redman claimed for
just May to August 2001, which was reported in the 2002 Delegates
call.)

Now, go back to 1999 when the board consisted of Dorsch, Eade, Adams,
Schultz, Goiichberg and Lieberman and you will see that all of them
came in at either zero or under $200 except for Lieberman who rightly
charged her secretarial expenses.



So, Sloan's claim that "Typically board members claim around $200 per
year in expenses" was really only referring to 1999. Even the year you
claim, 2003, you were totally wrong. Most of the Board charged $0
expenses, and the 2 who claimed expenses at least twice the "typical"
$200. And based on that, Sloan claims he was right.

In fact, of all the numbers Tom cites, only 3 of the 19 are within even
$100 of Sloan's "typical" $200. That is "typically" about as close as
Sloan gets to the truth.

Randy Bauer



  #6   Report Post  
Old June 24th 06, 12:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.chess
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,977
Default Grant Perks is only a "Paid Consultant" according to Mike Nolan

Randy Bauer wrote:

So, Sloan's claim that "Typically board members claim around $200 per
year in expenses" was really only referring to 1999. Even the year you
claim, 2003, you were totally wrong. Most of the Board charged $0
expenses, and the 2 who claimed expenses at least twice the "typical"
$200. And based on that, Sloan claims he was right.

In fact, of all the numbers Tom cites, only 3 of the 19 are within even
$100 of Sloan's "typical" $200. That is "typically" about as close as
Sloan gets to the truth.

Randy Bauer


Look Randy, stop muddying. The issue is not
how pedantic Sam's phrases are. The issue
is $13000+ in expenses for about half a year
by ONE board member, which is more than
the total of yearly expenses by ALL other
board members in any given year.

Several members claiming ZERO is an
argument in favor of Sam's statement
about the improper $13000+ charges by
Marinello (or whatever her face is) --
compare it with $1023.50 (ONE thousand
and change--not THIRTEEN) by the WHOLE
board for the entire year 2003.

If you think that the rgcm readers are stupid
and will be taken by your nitpicking and
pseudo-logical manipulations then you are
not bright yourself.

Wlod

  #7   Report Post  
Old June 24th 06, 12:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.chess
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,977
Default Grant Perks is only a "Paid Consultant" according to Mike Nolan

Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod) wrote:

The issue is $13000+ in expenses for about
half a year by ONE board member, which is more than
the total of yearly expenses by ALL other
board members in any given year.


Actually, from what we read in this thread,
it was nearly $14K, or $13,926 to be exact.

Several members claiming ZERO is an
argument in favor of Sam's statement
about the improper $13000+ charges by
Marinello [...] --
compare it with $1023.50 (ONE thousand
and change--not THIRTEEN) by the WHOLE
board for the entire year 2003.


... not FOURTEEN (minus change)

Wlod

  #8   Report Post  
Old June 24th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.chess
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 324
Default Grant Perks is only a "Paid Consultant" according to Mike Nolan


"Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod)" wrote in message
oups.com...
Randy Bauer wrote:

So, Sloan's claim that "Typically board members claim around $200 per
year in expenses" was really only referring to 1999. Even the year you
claim, 2003, you were totally wrong. Most of the Board charged $0
expenses, and the 2 who claimed expenses at least twice the "typical"
$200. And based on that, Sloan claims he was right.

In fact, of all the numbers Tom cites, only 3 of the 19 are within even
$100 of Sloan's "typical" $200. That is "typically" about as close as
Sloan gets to the truth.

Randy Bauer


Look Randy, stop muddying. The issue is not
how pedantic Sam's phrases are. The issue
is $13000+ in expenses for about half a year
by ONE board member, which is more than
the total of yearly expenses by ALL other
board members in any given year.


Sloan's inability to make truthful statements is very much an issue. You'll
often find Sloan asserting that "every knows" something, and it's usually a
tip off that "everybody" is mostly just Sloan himself.

The claim that it is "typical" for Board members to charge about $200 in
expenses doesn't stand up to scrutiny. In 2001 alone, 3 members charged 10
times that amount! Two others charged 5 times that amount. $200 typical?
Not in that year.

2002 - 1 member was close to the "typical" $200 and 5 were well over it -
all more than double, and one more than 5 times the amount.

2003 - Sloan will claim that the total amount was only a little over $1,000,
but the 2 who claimed expenses average out to over $500 each - hardly the
"typical" $200.

2004 - 2 members over $1,700 in expenses, another nearly $500.

The issues surrounding Beatriz' expenses were hashed out long ago, and it's
only a cheap political ploy by Sloan to discredit a more worthy candidate.
The fact is that Beatriz basically put the rest of her life on hold to
supervise the day-to-day move of the USCF operation to Crossville. This
wasn't some longstandploy on her part: the USCF hired a project manager,
who abruptly quit after a short time on the job.

The fact is that Beatriz was the only person who was willing and able to
drop everything and shuttle between New York and Crossville, spending long
hours in both locations doing the job. I'm very comfortable with the amount
she was reimbursed and the expenses she incurred as a result of her
sacrifice. I sure as hell would not have put in the hours she worked for
the reimbursement she was paid.

I'm sure to Sloan, who can't get his own financial house in order, $13,000
seems like a princely sum. Trust me, Beatriz was -- and is now -- doing
much better financially than that for 5 months work. This was a financial
sacrifice, not largesse.

Randy Bauer


Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grant Perks is only a "Paid Consultant" according to Mike Nolan Sam Sloan rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 34 June 28th 06 03:09 AM
Grant Perks is only a "Paid Consultant" according to Mike Nolan Sam Sloan rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 35 June 27th 06 10:36 AM
Grant Perks is only a "Paid Consultant" according to Mike Nolan Sam Sloan alt.chess (Alternative Chess Group) 0 June 21st 06 04:18 PM
Grant Perks is only a "Paid Consultant" according to Mike Nolan samsloan alt.chess (Alternative Chess Group) 0 June 21st 06 04:16 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017