Old June 24th 06, 10:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

Default Grant Perks is only a "Paid Consultant" according to Mike Nolan

At 10:47 PM 6/23/2006 EDT, wrote:

please remove me from this email discussion. Thank you.

Does this mean that you are withdrawing as a candidate? I think you
need to do so because:

1. Your candidacy is a violation of the by-laws because the by-laws
clearly state that no employee is allowed to run for election. You are
currently an employee and have been an employee for many years.

2. You still have failed to provide a satisfactory explanation of why,
while you were CFO, you paid $13,926.00 to Beatriz Marinello. You
claim that the board directed you to make this payment. Kindly tell us
when and where the board voted that you should pay Beatriz Marinello
$13,926.00. I have checked the minutes and have found no such vote.
Your claim to have spoken to Tim Hanke is not good enough. The by-laws
require that the VP of Finance "sign-off" on all payments to the
President. That means that in order for these payments to be legal,
there must be a piece of paper bearing the signature of Tim Hanke
authorizing Grant Perks, CFO, to pay $13,926.00 to Beatriz Marinello.
Do you have such a signed document? Can you produce it? If so, kindly
post this document on the BINFOS. If you cannot produce any such
document, you need to pay back the $13,926.00 you improperly paid to
Beatriz Marinello.

3. During the period of time that you were doing accounting work for
the USCF, the USCF lost two million dollars. In every case, the
month-to-month reports showed that the USCF was profitable, only to
have the official year-end audit contain the shocking news that the
USCF had suffered another huge loss. I am certainly not blaming Grant
Perks for the loss of the two million dollars, but Grant Perks was
around from time-to-time as the in-house accountant during this
period.

4. I am not aware of any major political figure in the USCF who openly
supports the Grant Perks candidacy. In view of your supposedly
sterling background, you should have been able to produce a long list
of people who support you. I think it is obvious that the problems
above are well known and that is the reason why almost nobody has come
out in your support.