Old June 25th 06, 02:03 PM posted to ec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default "we need to drive away the people who has been milking the USCF for many years."

One of the classic postings by Beatriz Marinello was in my own email
group. Here is what she wrote on August 22, 2004:

"I am not afraid of the challenges, since August our Board
has been demonstrating a hands-on approach, but we need help.
Therefore, we recognize the importance of engaging new leaders, doers
and ideas. But also we need to drive away the people who has been
milking the USCF for many years."

Now that we have seen that Beatriz got Grant Perks to pay her $13,926
in 2005 while she was USCF President, I wonder who is the milker and
who is the milkee.

I wonder who she was intending to drive away from the USCF, and
whether she succeeded.

Old June 25th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
jr jr is offline

As one of Kirsan's secret agents in the United States,
Beatriz Marinello was instrumental in ridding Chess
Life of FIDE's major critic.

See Chessville.com

TheParrot Squaawks!

State of the Chess Nation

In addition to very strange accounting practices and quantities of
money currently being spent by the board - including a $10,000
retreat to meet with 'critics' while dismissing the last critic, GM
Evans, from his column, add another $50,000 for magazine and web
re-design, and another $650,000 [so far!] for a new HQ.

Can a single dollar of all that money be shown to have been spent on
promoting chess play in USA? That is, after all, the mission of USCF.

Old June 25th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Just to explain a bit further:

The context of this statement was in reply to a letter by Phil Innes
about the Anna Khan affair.

Previously, Beatriz had accused Susan Polgar of trying to exclude Anna
Hahn from the US Woman's Olympiad Team.

So, I suppose that the statement by Beatriz that "we need to drive
away the people who has been milking the USCF for many years", must
have been directed at Susan Polgar and Paul Truong. I cannot think of
anybody else who it might be.

Sam Sloan