Old July 5th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess

Default 16 Fake Sam Sloan messages posted while I was at the World Open

Sam Sloan wrote:
16 Fake Sam Sloan messages posted while I was at the World Open

I just got back from the World Open. In my absence, 16 fake messages
supposedly from me have been posted especially to the Newsgroup
rec.games.chess.politics .

I have proof that I did not post these fakes because as everybody at
the World Open knows, I spent three days from July 2 to July 4 handing
out my election propaganda. I did not post anything or go online
during those dates. I handed out 400 flyers. I did not see even one of
them discarded or thrown in the trash, so is seems that a substantial
portion of them actually got read.

Of the 16 fake postings during those dates, 14 of them came from
. These are, in general, easy to spot as fakes
because they say things that I would obviously never say.

However, two fake postings were from From: "Sam Sloan"
er and twistycreek.com

These two are matters of concern because in the first place they are
not short and obscene as postings from
typically are.

Rather, they are long and detailed and written in a style similar to
mine. I suspect that the average reader will not realize that they are
fake.

One of them is entitled Kayo may be Pregnant Again. This is especially
annoying because although I have long ago given up hope that people
will stop attacking me, it is beyond the pale to say anything about my
wife and minor children.

I would never say publicly whether my wife is or is not pregnant
because there is an old saw that that a pregnancy should never be
announced until the baby is born, because there might be a miscarriage
or the baby might not come out alright. Some say it brings bad luck. I
am not a believer in bad luck but I do follow this rule. I am aware
that movie stars, in order to gain publicity for themselves, announce
their pregnancies as do members of the royal families, to maintain
their dynasties, but normal people do not do that.

My last posting just moments prior to leaving for the World Open was
entitled "Executive Board motion authorizing the borrowing of
$561,000"

That was posted at Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 16:37:59 GMT

Any postings by Sam Sloan between that date and this posting here was
fake.

Sam Sloan

SOLUTION: Stop posting on Usenet. This will eventually stop the
forgers and will let everyone breathe a sigh of relief that you're
finally gone for good.

Old July 5th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess

Sol wrote:

Why are you guys so mean to Sam? Do you know him personally?

Because Sam supports Osama Bin Laden. We are mean to both Sam and
Osama.

What if the fake Sam Sloan is his son, Peter.

Marcus Roberts

Old July 6th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess

One way to get a view of what Sam Sloan is like is to look at
the experience that people have had at Wikipedia:
_
"it is easy to veryify that there is auch a blacklist. ..."
- Sam Sloan (19:08, 22 December 2005 (UTC))
_
"If Sam Sloan is basing his contribution of a blacklist
based on conversations (newsgroup or otherwise),
emails, or his own suspicions that such a blacklist
exists, that is by definition original research and is not
allowed. However, if he were to cite reliable sources
that declare its existence, then its mention may be
included. This is non-negotiable. If Sam Sloan
continues his attempts to include this in the article
against the consensus formed by other editors on this
page, I will reluctantly have to impose a block."
- howcheng (06:37, 3 January 2006 (UTC))
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Chess_Life
_
_
"I do object when [Ralf Callenberg], JoanneB
and Janeth, none of whom know anything
about chess, try to delete the entire article."
- Sam Sloan (16:41, 24 December 2005 (UTC))
_
Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Tom Dorsch
(The result of the debate was delete. - howcheng
20:09, 29 December 2005 (UTC))
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...ion/Tom_Dorsch

_
_
"I am having a dispute with Howcheng and
I request the Arbitration Committee to
resolve it." - Sam Sloan
_
Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration
Sam Sloan against Howcheng regarding Tom Dorsch
(soundly rejected - Dmcdevit 06:23, 11 February 2006)
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=39171201

_
_
"The act by Howcheng to delete my Tom
Dorsch article was clearly wrong. ... I need
an order of protection telling Howcheng
to stay from my articles until he learns
something about chess." - Sam Sloan
(03:03, 4 March 2006 (UTC))
_
Wikipediaeletion review/Tom Dorsch
(deletion endorsed - Splash 23:53, 10 March 2006)
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=43215421

_
_
"[Paul Rubin] has a history of vandalizing
almost every article I write." - Sam Sloan
(05:52, 19 March 2006 (UTC))
_
"his request for a 'cease and desist' order
is outside the scope of mediation." - Paul
Rubin (23:45, 19 March 2006 (UTC))
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...User:Sam_Sloan

_
_
"[Ralf Callenberg] is clearly unwilling to
abide by the rules of Wikipedia and
therefore I am asking that if he continues
he be blocked." - Sam Sloan (04:11, 19
March 2006 (UTC))
_
"This doesn't appear to be a request for
mediation" - Ralf Callenberg (20:24,
19 March 2006 (UTC))
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...User:Sam_Sloan

_
_
"the arbitration committee should consider
this dispute [with Paul Rubin]." - Sam Sloan
(10:15, 20 March 2006 (UTC))
_
Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration
[Sam Sloan vs. Paul Rubin]
(rejected - Sam Korn 11:11, 25 March 2006)
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=45399095

_
_
"[Ralf Callenberg] ... should not be allowed
to delete or modify my postings." - Sam
Sloan (01:35, 20 March 2006 (UTC))
_
Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration
[Sam Sloan vs. Ralf Callenberg]
(rejected - Sam Korn 11:11, 25 March 2006)
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=45399095

_
_
"I am requesting that, if possible and
legally allowed, your chess federation
bring a proceeding to censure or
reprimand or otherwise punish Herr
Callenberg." - Sam Sloan (Fri,
07 Apr 2006 14:54:46 GMT)

Old July 6th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess
Sol Sol is offline

"Louis Blair" One way to get a view of what Sam Sloan is like is to look
at
the experience that people have had at Wikipedia:

the editors at Wikipedia are a bunch of egomaniacal assholes. They do their
job for free and to exert their influence over others.

Check the listings for Wiki editors and then visit their personal pages.
Every single one of the Wiki editors has dozens of complaints from various
people that they have screwed over arbitrarily. The fact that the Sam Sloan
got on the wrong side of one Wiki asshole (How Cheng) is probably a positive
testament.

Wikipedia is a joke, and garbage. It is facts created by mob rule.

Old July 6th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess

_
"Re Wikipedia: Don't take Sam Sloan's
goofy complaint seriously." - jr
(16 Apr 2006 11:47:22 -0700)

Old July 6th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess
Sol Sol is offline

"Louis Blair" "Re Wikipedia: Don't take Sam Sloan's goofy complaint
seriously." - jr
(16 Apr 2006 11:47:22 -0700)

And those guys are running an encyclopedia? What a joke.

Old July 6th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess
Sol Sol is offline

When I used to be on AOL, it was just like Wikipedia. It was run by
"volunteers" who had absolute power to decide what was within the rules.

Not surprisingly, in these "AOL neighborhoods" there were many folks running
non-premium-level commercial websites that were 100% against the rules.
These folks were allowed if they were friends of the "AOL Watch" members.

I did see many NON-commercial websites get deleted if they were indirectly
competing against the commercial websites. People that had free resources
were deleted for violating rules while others who blatantly violated rules
were not deleted.

So when you talk about a very subjective website like Wikipedia; where every
day the content changes based on which editor felt like messing around in a
particular subject; I think it is an abomination to any serious scholarship.
Wikipedia dillutes the credibility of real reference resources, and
Wikipedia is pathetic.

Old July 6th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess

On 5 Jul 2006 12:48:37 -0700, wrote:

Sol wrote:

Why are you guys so mean to Sam? Do you know him personally?

Because Sam supports Osama Bin Laden. We are mean to both Sam and
Osama.

What if the fake Sam Sloan is his son, Peter.

Marcus Roberts

If you had ever seen anything written by my son Peter, you would know
that he cannot immitate me.

Peter is a very talented artist, however.

Old July 7th 06, 06:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess

Sol wrote (Wed, 05 Jul 2006 19:22:45 GMT):
Why are you guys so mean to Sam? Do you know him personally?
He seems like a reasonable person.

_
I wrote (5 Jul 2006 17:43:20 -0700):
One way to get a view of what Sam Sloan is like is to look at
the experience that people have had at Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Chess_Life
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...ion/Tom_Dorsch
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=39171201
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=43215421
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...User:Sam_Sloan
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=45399095

_
Snipping ALL of the links I provided,
Sol wrote (Thu, 06 Jul 2006 01:59:15 GMT):
... Check the listings for Wiki editors and then visit their personal
pages. Every single one of the Wiki editors has dozens of complaints
from various people that they have screwed over arbitrarily. ...

_
I posted (5 Jul 2006 19:25:09 -0700)
a jr quote:

Sol wrote (Thu, 06 Jul 2006 02:45:25 GMT):
And those guys are running an encyclopedia? What a joke.

_
The jr quote is not from Wikipedia. It is a quote from someone here
who has been promoting the election of Sam Sloan.

Old July 9th 06, 08:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess

Matt Nemmers wrote another IQ-less post:

SOLUTION: Stop posting on Usenet. This will eventually stop the
forgers and will let everyone breathe a sigh of relief that you're
finally gone for good.

Speak for yourstupidself, Matt, not for "everyone".

Wlod