Old July 10th 06, 01:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess

Default Free Rolex Watches from Kirsan

Sam Sloan mentioned that Kirsan is giving away Rolex watches, and I was
wondering where I can sign up? Is this a website giveaway?

Old July 10th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess

Blind Frank wrote:
Sam Sloan mentioned that Kirsan is giving away Rolex watches, and I was
wondering where I can sign up? Is this a website giveaway?

You get your Rolex watch as soon as you cast your vote for Kirsan
ilyumzhinov for FIDE President. You will also get some cash money too,
if you ask for it.

You just need to take a camera into the voting booth so that you have a
picture of your vote.

Of course, you need to have the right to vote in a FIDE Election.
However, there are other ways to get the Rolex Watch.

Ralf Callenberg and Paul Rubin earned their Rolex watches by deleting
from Wikipedia the campaign biographies of all of the candidates
running against Kirsan for FIDE Election.

However, they need to rush to claim their watches now because otherwise
Kirsan might forget about them until the next election four years from
now.

Old July 11th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess

The editor of Chess Life earned his gold rolex
from Ilyumzhinov by firing GM Larry Evans
despite letters of protest by many readers.

Old July 11th 06, 05:30 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:12:26 -0400, "g4" wrote:

Naturally larry parr presents zero evidence to back up this unwarranted smear.

He said the editor *earned* the Rolex. Not that he actually *got*
one.

Old July 11th 06, 09:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess

samsloan )
wrote (10 Jul 2006 11:01:42 -0700):

... Ralf Callenberg and Paul Rubin earned their Rolex
watches by deleting from Wikipedia the campaign
biographies of all of the candidates running against
Kirsan for FIDE Election. ...

_
"... Sloan recently took it on himself to campaign for Bessel
Kok's slate of candidates in the upcoming FIDE election
(http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...509552b9798be).
He put a biography of Panupand Vijjuprabha (one of Kok's team) on
Wikipedia, that was an obvious campaign piece that included stuff
like Vijjuprabha's phone number. I felt this was non-notable so I
made an AfD nomination to get community opinion
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...d_Vijjuprabha).
I then noticed the article was pasted verbatim from Kok's group's
web site
(http://www.rightmove06.org/index.php... z_articles=62)
without attribution, so I noted that (and gave the link) in the AfD.
The bio was speedied as a copyvio a few minutes later.
_
... Sloan copied several more bios from the same source over the next
hour. I entered SD requests for these, giving the source links
(http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...n_of_Articles).
These too were speedied (Ali Nihat Yazici, Julio C=C3=A9sar Ingolotti,
and Geoffrey Borg). I also briefly put up a SD request for Bessel Kok
(mentioning his higher notability), but I then saw that Kok's bio
contained a mixture of copied and non-copied material, so I took
down my SD request and edited out the copied material. Except for
Kok and Yazici, these people are non-notable (a few hundred
Google hits at most). ..." - Paul Rubin (05:41, 21 March 2006 (UTC))
_
_
"... I commend to Sam Sloan the following:
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:NOT#...not_a_soapbox).
I do not believe I am alone in seeing strong evidence of Sam Sloan
extending to his Wikipedia contributions the strong agenda he has
outside of Wikipedia. The solution is not for those who disagree with
Sloan to stop editing, it's for Sloan to stop adding tendentious
content. And Sam, sometimes when everybody tells you that you
are wrong, it's because you are wrong." - Guy Chapman
(10:18, 21 March 2006 (UTC))
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=45399095

Old July 11th 06, 10:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess

Default Sam Sloan's Free Rolex Watch from Kirsan

Sam Sloan has earned his free Rolex watch
from Kirsan by supporting Kirsan's opponent.

Wlod

Old July 11th 06, 10:21 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess

Louis Blair wrote:

"... Sloan recently took it on himself to campaign for Bessel
Kok's slate of candidates in the upcoming FIDE election

And that was a kiss of death to Bessel Kok's campain.

Wlod