Old July 11th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default QUESTION?????????????????

On 11 Jul 2006 07:47:45 -0700, "Taylor Kingston"
wrote:

samsloan wrote:
The second item will be to tell Hanon Russell that as long as he owns
and operates USCF Sales he is to direct his employee Taylor Kingston to
stop writing "book reviews" attacking books by rival publishers that
have been sold by the USCF.

Sam, you really gotta stop smokin' that stuff. The only sense in
which I am anyone's employee is as a computer programmer for a major
financial data processing company. In my spare time I have written book
reviews, historical articles, and tournament reports, on a free-lance
basis, for a number of publications both printed and online: Chess
Life, Inside Chess, Kingpin, Chess Horizons, JeremySilman.com, and
ChessCafe.com. The reviews reflect my honest opinions -- if a book gets
panned, it's because I think it's a bad book.

Is not it an amazing coincidence that ALL of the negative reviews
published by Taylor Kingston attack books not sold by Chess Cafe a/k/a
USCF Sales a/k/a Hanon Russell and that ALL of the positive reviews by
Taylor Kingston extoll the virtues of books sold by Chess Cafe a/k/a
USCF Sales a/k/a Hanon Russell, especially those published by Russell
Enterprises?

Is not it another amazing coincidence that Taylor Kingston attacks in
print almost everything written by Raymond Keene, Eric Schiller and
Larry Evans, who are the same authors who are also attacked in print
by Edward Winter?

Do you mean to tell us that you are performing all these hatchet jobs
for free?

Old July 11th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Hatchet Jobs

EDWARD WINTER'S DISCIPLE

Is not it another amazing coincidence that Taylor Kingston attacks in

print almost everything written by Raymond Keene, Eric Schiller and
Larry Evans, who are the same authors who are also attacked in print
by Edward Winter? Do you mean to tell us that you are performing all
these hatchet jobs for free? Sam Sloan to Taylor Kingston

FIDE CORRUPTION

From: Taylor Kingston
Date: Wed, Jun 28 2006 5:57 am
Email: "Taylor Kingston"
Groups: rec.games.chess.politics

jr wrote:
Parr broke the story here first and they scoffed at him. Evans

also reported it on June 12, 2006 in Happy Talk Is Here Again.

http://wcn.tentonhammer.com/modules....=News&file=art...

FIDE politics and Ilyumzhinov are among the few subjects discussed
here on which I largely agree with Evans and Parr.

Old July 11th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Sam Sloan wrote:
Is not it an amazing coincidence that ALL of the negative reviews
published by Taylor Kingston attack books not sold by Chess Cafe a/k/a
USCF Sales a/k/a Hanon Russell ...

Ah, Sam, compared to the ease of refuting your arguments, shooting
fish in a barrel is hard work. A quick check of the USCF Sales catalog
shows many titles I have panned in whole or significant part. A few I
found in about 10 minutes' perusal:

The Greatest Tournaments in the History of Chess 1851-1986, edited
by Rainier Knaak and Manual Fruth
The Book of Chess Lists (2nd edition), by Andy Soltis
The Turk, Chess Automaton, by Gerald Levitt
The Batsford Book of Chess Records, by Yakov Damsky
Curaçao 1962, by Jan Timman
Bogoljubow: The Fate of a Chess Player, by Sergei Soloviov
Aron Nimzowitsch: A Reappraisal, by Raymond Keene
My Great Predecessors, vol. 2, by Garry Kasparov
Emil Josef Diemer 1908-1990, by Alan Dommett
Paul Morphy: Genius and Myth, by Eichorn, Müller and Knaak
Bobby Fischer: The Wandering King, by Hans Böhm & Kees Jongkind

and that ALL of the positive reviews by
Taylor Kingston extoll the virtues of books sold by Chess Cafe a/k/a
USCF Sales a/k/a Hanon Russell, especially those published by Russell
Enterprises?

Gee, Sam, did it ever occur to you that USCF Sales might just want to
carry books that get good reviews?

Is not it another amazing coincidence that Taylor Kingston attacks in
print almost everything written by Raymond Keene, Eric Schiller and
Larry Evans, who are the same authors who are also attacked in print
by Edward Winter?

Here we go shooting fish in a barrel again. I have never reviewed any
book by Evans. I have reviewed only two books by Keene. If memory
serves, I have reviewed only two books by Schiller. I would estimate
that between them, these three authors have written at least 100 books.
How Sam goes from 4 out of 100+ to "almost everything" is his own
peculiar brand of logic.

Do you mean to tell us that you are performing all these hatchet jobs
for free?

Whether it's a hatchet job, a panegyric, or a lukewarm ho-hum, all I
get is the book.