Old July 11th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default QUESTION?????????????????

Taylor Kingston wrote:
Taylor Kingston wrote:
wrote:
Innocent Question:

If I am going to perhaps serve my country as a FIDE Delegate, then I
get to ask questions that might upset certain people.

Does Taylor Kingston work for the USCF as a volenteer or a paid
employee, or both?

Neither. I do not work for the USCF in any capacity.

What is Mr. Kingston's relationship to the USCF in US dollar terms over
the last 10 years. If Mr. Kingston has gotten no USCF money since 1995,
I apologize for asking a negative sounding question.

I have no relationship with the USCF, monetary or otherwise. Because
I'm no longer interested in playing tournament chess, I let my
membership lapse a year or two ago. I have never been paid so much as a
penny by USCF for anything.

A minor correction. In 1998 I received $550 from Chess Life for the
article "The Keres-Botvinnik Case: A Survey of the Evidence," which
appeared in the May 1998 issue. I'm not sure whether that is officially
considered payment by the USCF per se, but I'm happy to satisfy Mr.
Roberts' curiosity. That is the only instance where I could be said to
have received "USCF money."

The question Mr. Roberts is really asking is how much money have you
been paid by Hanon Russell, Chess Cafe and USCF Sales.

Old July 11th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:

The question Mr. Roberts is really asking is how much money have you
been paid by Hanon Russell, Chess Cafe and USCF Sales.

Enough to make me the richest guy in my house. Eat your heart out,
Sammy!

Old July 12th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On 11 Jul 2006 11:27:09 -0700, "Taylor Kingston"
wrote:

samsloan wrote:

The question Mr. Roberts is really asking is how much money have you
been paid by Hanon Russell, Chess Cafe and USCF Sales.

Enough to make me the richest guy in my house. Eat your heart out,
Sammy!

I have not the slightest care nor concern as to how much Hanon Russell
pays you. It makes no difference to me whether he pays you a million
ucks or you work for free or if he provides you with unlimited broads
or little boys.

That was the question asked by Marcus Roberts, not by me.

What I am concerned about is the fact that Hanon Russell owes the USCF
$185,000 and refuses to pay, while continuing to do business with us.

I am aslo concerned about the fact that you keep writing "book
reviews" attacking books by rival publishers who are in competition
with Hanon Russell.

If I get elected, the first thing I am going to do is demand to see a
copy of all contracts the USCF has with Hanon Russell, so that I can
understand how he gets out of paying the $185,000 that he clearly
owes.

Old July 12th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Marcus Roberts wrote (11 Jul 2006 04:54:55 -0700):
7 ... Does Taylor Kingston work for the USCF as a volenteer
7 or a paid employee, or both? ...
_
Taylor Kingston wrote (11 Jul 2006 05:40:49 -0700):
7 Neither. I do not work for the USCF in any capacity. ...
_
Sam Sloan )
wrote (11 Jul 2006 09:53:01 -0700):
7 The question Mr. Roberts is really asking is how much money
7 have you been paid by Hanon Russell, Chess Cafe and USCF
7 Sales.
_
Taylor Kingston wrote (11 Jul 2006 11:27:09 -0700):
7 Enough to make me the richest guy in my house. Eat your
7 heart out, Sammy!

_
Sam Sloan )
wrote (Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:23:44 GMT):

7 I have not the slightest care nor concern as to how much
7 Hanon Russell pays you. ...

_
"Do you mean to tell us that you are performing
all these hatchet jobs for free?" - Sam Sloan

_
Sam Sloan )
wrote (Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:23:44 GMT):

7 What I am concerned about is the fact that Hanon Russell
7 owes the USCF $185,000 and ...

_
Sam Sloan provides no reason to pester Taylor Kingston
about this money.

_
Sam Sloan )
wrote (Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:23:44 GMT):

7 I am aslo concerned about the fact that you keep writing
7 "book reviews" attacking books by rival publishers who are
7 in competition with Hanon Russell. ...

_
At the risk of explaining the obvious: the vast majority of
chess books are published by "rival publishers who are in
competition with Hanon Russell." If one writes a lot of
reviews and does much "attacking" at all, there is going to
be attacking of "books by rival publishers ..."
_
Does Siles Press count as a "rival" publisher "in competition
with Hanon Russell"?
_
"[Chess Bitch] turns out to be an interesting
and well-written book." - Taylor Kingston (2006)
_
http://www.chesscafe.com/text/review513.pdf

Old July 12th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

John J. wrote:
You have about as much chance as getting elected as I have of getting a date
with Jennifer Shahade.

What do you have against Jennifer Shahade? You just finished attacking
her over at http://www.uschess.org/forums , where you wrote:

"Regarding the inside cover photo. Please, enough of Jennifer. Yes, she
is a very photogenic and talented young lady, but enough is enough. Is
CL reserving that page for the Chess babe of the month or something?"

What is your point? Are you obsessed with her?

I have known Jennifer Shahade since she was 15 years old. (I probably
really knew her before that but cannot remember.) She is a perfectly
nice lady. Nothing wrong with her.

What have you got against her and why do you attack both her and me in
the same sentences?