Old July 13th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.accounting,alt.chess

Default Beatriz Marinello took another $4,993.64 in USCF Expense money

Dane wrote:

Do you think I might be able to finangle a trip to Nigeria out of them. Itb
would be strictly business related, as I would like to establish a 419
Investment Enterprize.

Yes. That seems like a great idea, especially since I received an email
about a similar plan only today, so it must be successful.

Since you are new here and came here from misc.legal, I will tell you
that there are central facts that you need to know:

Over the course of the past six years, the USCF has lost two million
dollars.

Nobody else has been willing to ask the questions of: How did we lose
this two million dollars? Was it taken legally or illegally? What can
be done to get it back? What steps can be taken to stop us from losing
even more money?

Since nobody else is willing to ask these questions, it falls upon me
to ask them.

When I am complaining about Beatriz Mariunello, who was supposed to be
a "volunteer" president, taking $18,919.64 in unauthorized expenses and
taking a trip to Italy and previously to Spain, I am not merely
complaining about the $18,919. That is peanuts. I am complaining about
the $2 million.

Now, we have an election going on and we have Grant Perks, the USCFs
accountant who presided over the loss of some of this $2 million,
running for election, even though that is a violation of the by-laws
which state that employees may not run for election.

Of course, we know why Perks is running. He does not want to go to
jail, as he might if I ever get elected and find out what happened to
the two million.

At the same time, the USCF Office, the same office that lost the two
million, will be counting the ballots, so you can just figure out what
my chances are.

Old July 13th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.accounting,alt.chess

Nobody else has been willing to ask the questions of: How did we lose
this two million dollars? Was it taken legally or illegally? What can
be done to get it back? What steps can be taken to stop us from losing
even more money?

Partnerships with e-book chess authors.

USCF takes 50 percent, author takes 50 percent.

They could do it through Clickbank tomorrow and be cashing in if they
wanted.

If the average member were to spend $100 on e-books through USCF each year,
and they kept half (for giving the authors access to their membership), they
would probably be able to abolish dues as well.

If they don't do it, someone else will.

--
"Google maintains the USENET." -- The Honorable R. Barclay Surrick, Eastern
District of PA Judge

Old July 13th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.accounting,alt.chess

On 12 Jul 2006 18:50:43 -0700, "samsloan" wrote:
Nobody else has been willing to ask the questions of: How did we lose
this two million dollars? Was it taken legally or illegally? What can
be done to get it back? What steps can be taken to stop us from losing
even more money?

Maybe shut the door and start a new organization from scratch?

It sounds like one messed up organization.

Is there really a need to replace it?

It sounds to me like this is one ogranization to avoid like the
plague.

Where is the executive board/board of directors in all this?
Maybe the whole management structure top to bottom needs to be
dumped, the whole organization retired, and start something new
from scratch?

Old July 13th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.accounting,alt.chess

Partnerships with e-book chess authors.

USCF takes 50 percent, author takes 50 percent.

Why would any author in his right mind do this?

In this day and age sell the ebook yourself on your
own website, through Amazon.com or bn.com.

And why not directly market to 100,000 chessplayers through USCF?

They asked how they could make money. I showed them how.

Or include an ad for the ebook in chess software/
chess sets/etc.

Making an ebook is not that hard. Have Word
XP/2003 on your computer? Then you can
get an add in to create your own ebook?

Correct. This is supposed to be a GOOD thing, freedom from the day when
those who owned printing equipment were the only ones who could be heard (or
cause others to be heard).

--
"Google maintains the USENET." -- The Honorable R. Barclay Surrick, Eastern
District of PA Judge
From Parker v. Google, E.D.Pa. #04-cv-3918

Old July 14th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.accounting,alt.chess

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 18:36:55 -0400, "Ray Gordon"
wrote:

Partnerships with e-book chess authors.

USCF takes 50 percent, author takes 50 percent.

Why would any author in his right mind do this?

In this day and age sell the ebook yourself on your
own website, through Amazon.com or bn.com.

And why not directly market to 100,000 chessplayers through USCF?

Because maybe the 50% commission is too steep?

Correct. This is supposed to be a GOOD thing, freedom from the day when
those who owned printing equipment were the only ones who could be heard (or
cause others to be heard).

In this day and age with computers/the internet/etc. you don't need
chess organiztions who commit highway robbery at 50%,

Old July 14th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.accounting,alt.chess

wrote:

"Google maintains the USENET." -- The Honorable R. Barclay Surrick, Eastern
District of PA Judge
From Parker v. Google, E.D.Pa. #04-cv-3918

Actually they don't. Google inherited the archives from
Deja. Usenet is maintained by nobody, it propogates on
numerous servers but nobody really "maintains" it.

If they did we wouldn't have spam on thes usenet newsgroups.